FF:PSMB024 Advances in sport psychology - Course Information
PSMB024 Advances in sport psychologyFaculty of Arts
The course is not taught in Spring 2021
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. PhDr. Iva Burešová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Iva Burešová, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! PS_BB048 Advances in sport psychology &&! PSBB026 Advances in sport psychology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 10 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/10, only registered: 0/10
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, N-PSYCH_)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to introduce current trends in sport psychology and human movement studies. The primary focus will be on skill acquisition, evidence-based applied sport psychology, neurophysiology, and cognitive aspects of sport psychology.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students should be able to critically evaluate research studies and use the gained knowledge as a stepping-stone to further explore the topic of research sport psychology and human movement in general.
- L1 Introduction to Sport Psychology & Human Movement Studies
- L2 Perceptual-Cognitive Skills in Sport – Attention, Anticipation, and Decision Making
- L3 Skill Acquisition in Sport I - Deliberate practice & play in sport
- L4 Skill Acquisition in Sport II – Motor learning through a motivational lens
- L5 Skill Acquisition in Sport III – Implicit motor learning
- L6 Eye Tracking Methods in Sport Expertise
- L7 Augmented Feedback in Sport + Principles of effective practice and instruction
- L8 Psychological characteristics of expert performers
- L9 Psychological Skills Training I
- L10 Psychological Skills Training II
- L11 Doing research in Sport Psychology & Human Movements
- L12 Esports
- recommended literature
- TENENBAUM, Gershon and Robert C EKLUND. Handbook of Sport Psychology. Wiley, 2007. 3 edition. ISBN 978-0-471-73811-4. info
- Skill acquisition in sport : research, theory and practice. Edited by Nicola J. Hodges - A. M. Williams. 2nd. ed. New York: Routledge, 2012. xxvi, 385. ISBN 9780415607865. info
- BAKER, Joseph and Damian FARROW. Routledge Handbook of Sport Expertise. Routledge, 2015. ISBN 978-0-415-83980-8. info
- MELLALIEU, Stephen and Sheldon HANTON. Advances in Applied Sport Psychology: A Review. Routledge, 2008. ISBN 978-0-415-44763-8. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation - lectures. Seminar work - discussions, work in small groups. Short experiments. Home readings.
- Assessment methods
- Students will be required to complete three online quizzes during the course. The course will be completed with a final test consisting of 50 questions (60% of them will be selected from the three online quizzes). The deadlines and the specific requirements will be discussed in the first lecture.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2021/PSMB024