FF:IJ2B013 Readings of Contemp. Lit. A - Course Information
IJ2B013 Readings of Contemporary Literature (A)Faculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Patrizia Cremaschi (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Paolo Divizia, Dottore di Ricerca
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 10:00–11:40 L34
- IJ1A055 Bachelor's State Exam || IJIA028 Bachelor's exam
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The objectives of the course aim at introducing students to the Italian contemporary literary production focusing on the diversity of genre and on the ongoing production of hybrid texts (e.g. bio-fiction, narrative essays on literary criticism, graphic novel)
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the students will be able to: - identify and describe the main features of the Italian contemporary literary production - identify and describe the context referred to in the literary works taken into account (historical, literary, social and cultural context) - identify and describe the literary genre or genres of a given literary text - identify and describe the main stylistic and linguistic features of the literary works taken into account
- Reading, analysis and debate on chapters or passages chosen among those written by a large diversity of writers - (included non-professional writers) focusing on the content and style chosen by the authors. Main genres taken into account: short stories, novels, biographies, essays, bio-fictions.
- recommended literature
- Gianluigi Simonetti La letteratura circostante - Il Mulino 2018
- Michele Mari - Leggenda Privata - Einaudi 2017
- not specified
- Michele Mari - Cento poesie d´amore a Lady Hawke - Einaudi 2007
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and class discussion. Materials will be available, in handouts or file format, prior to lectures and need to be read by students in advance as a pre-requisite to a proficient attendance.
- Assessment methods
- Once enrolled in the course, attendance is mandatory (minimum 75%). Written exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information
- Dott.ssa Patrizia Cremaschi Lettrice Ministeriale di Italiano - Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs