FF:KJ1B021 Modern Catalan prose - Course Information
KJ1B021 Modern Catalan proseFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Elena Casas Cortada (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. David Utrera Domínguez
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. David Utrera Domínguez
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Fri 1. 10. to Fri 17. 12. each odd Friday 16:00–17:40 G22
- KJ1A021 Literature 1
To join the course is necessary to pass Katalánská literatura 4 (KJ1A024).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- We will study the main movements and works of Catalan literature from the end of Noucentisme to the arrival of postmodern proposals.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student must show comprehension and understanding of these cultural processes and the capacity of doing autonomous readings of contemporary texts.
- 1. The end of Noucentisme. The avant-garde
- 2. Novel from 1925 to 1939
- 3. Literature and civil war. Exile and resistence
- 4. Postwar. The rupture of franquism, cultural and liteary resumption
- 5. The 60s and the realisme històric ('historic realism')
- 6. Catalan literature and postmodernism. An introduction
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, reading seminars, writing essays.
- Assessment methods
- Involment at the reading seminars and writing of three essays on the three compulsary readings of the course.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2021/KJ1B021