FF:PSBA025 Psychological Assessment Intro - Course Information
PSBA025 Introduction to Psychological AssessmentFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- doc. PhDr. Iva Burešová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Hana Přikrylová Kučerová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Lucie Stroupková (lecturer)
Mgr. Monika Vodová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Iva Burešová, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 16:00–17:40 G24
- General psychology Methodology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, B-PSYCH_) (2)
- Course objectives
- Introducing students to the psychodiagnostic proces and basic psychodiagnostic methods.
- Learning outcomes
- Passing the course the student will gain knowledge about the basic principles of psychodiagnostics, concepts and terminology, history, methods and purpose of psychodiagnostics. Will understand how to proceed in the psychodiagnostic proces, how to communicate with patient or client when administering psychodiagnostic method.
- Benefits and risks of psychodiagnostics. Basic clinical investigation methods.Psychometric approach. Norm and normality. Variables in psychodiagnostics.Validity and reliability of pychodiagnostics methods. Psychological tests and battery of tests, their types, advantages and limits. Sensitivity and specificity of the tests. Current trends in psychodiagnostics. Ethical testing standards. Basic orientation in psychodiagnostics methods. Computer diagnostics, neuropsychological diagnostics.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- oral exam or written test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2021/PSBA025