FF:VIKMA06 Search & Analytical Surveying - Course Information
VIKMA06 Search and Analytical SurveyingFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Josef Schwarz (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Zdeněk Kadlec, Dr.
Division of Information and Library Studies - Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Iva Dušová
- Fri 10:00–11:35 C33
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to: use various searching methods and strategies ; explain principles of search engines ; understand of common query principles ; work with many different search engines ;
- Research activity - theoretical foundations, basic terminology; definition of problem and identification of information need, formulation of research request and query; research strategies and tactics during searching in databases; searching with assistance of information retrieval languages; tools for creating and managing personal bibliographies, research strategies on the internet;valuation of information and sources.
- Introduction to Modern Information Retrieval / Gerard Salton, Michael J. McGill.. -- New York : McGraw-Hill, 1983.. -- 448 s.
- Modern information retrieval / Ricardo Baeza-Yates, Berthier Ribeiro-Neto.. -- New York : ACM Press, c1999.. -- xx, 513 s.
- Teaching methods
- - lectures - homework reading - class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Course is finalized with oral exam. Condition for enrolment to oral exam is handing of paper and passing written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials