FF:KSCA021 Reading in Chinese II - Course Information
KSCA021 Reading in Chinese IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Táňa Dluhošová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Luboš Bělka, CSc.
Center for Chinese Studies - Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Táňa Dluhošová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Center for Chinese Studies - Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 12:30–14:05 G12
- KSCA020 Reading in Chinese I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to apply knowledge acquired during previous language courses on unknown literary text in Chinese; the emphasis will be put on understanding of sentence structure and gradual building of students' vocabulary.
- 1. Introduction 2.- 6. Text č. 1 (available in Study materials) 7.- 12. Text č. 2 (available in Study materials)
- recommended literature
- Úvod do hovorové čínštiny. I. Edited by Oldřich Švarný - Čang Ťing-Jü Rotterová - Josef Bartůšek. Vyd. 1. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1967. 458 s. info
- Úvod do hovorové čínštiny. II. Edited by Oldřich Švarný. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1967. 606 s. info
- Teaching methods
- - students' home preparation includes: acquiring of new vocabulary, preparation for the text translation
- the course has a seminar layout: reading and translation of the text, explanation of new grammar, interpretation of cultural realia in the texts, examination of students' home preparation
- Assessment methods
- Course completion is conditioned with regular attendance (max. 2 skipped classes permitted), active participation, and home preparation.
Evaluation: regular testing of new vocabulary (min.60%), or of new grammar; reading comprehension questions during the class.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses