FF:ISKM53 Leadership - Course Information
ISKM53 LeadershipFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Petr Pouchlý (lecturer)
Mgr. Tomáš Štefek (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Petr Škyřík, Ph.D.
Department of Information and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Alice Lukavská
Supplier department: Department of Information and Library Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 18:00–19:40 B2.34
- TYP_STUDIA ( N )
No mandatory. Previous experience in the (student) project in the position of the leader is an advantage.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 14/20, only registered: 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- What do I want students to learn? - Understand the basics of how to work with a team they should lead (to be a part of a team) - What qualities you should improve in yourself tif you want to become a good leader (boss) - Understand the difference between managing people and leading people - Get familiar with the hard methods of project management and continuity of the work team - Recognize different personality types for better work in a team - Laid the foundation for their future career in the leadership position
- Who am I? 1. Personality of a leader - The importance of leadership for a team / group - The difference between a manager and a leader - Leadership / people management - Free features and assumptions 2. There is no boss like a boss - Czech experience in leading people - Managing styles (benefits / pitfalls) - Personalities and their work Who is my team 3. Methodology of personality - The importance of sociology and psychology for team building - Personality tests of psychology personality(MBTI, Bochum, Belbin, Enneagram) - Assembling a team 4. Selecting members of the team - Rectruitment vs. assessment - Talent management - Gender / expat issues What is the meaning of 5. Lifecycle of a team member - Begin with Why? - Motivation and its importance in the management - Competence model and development of an individual 6. Motivation in Team - Team vs. individual motivation - Teambuilding / teamspirit - KPI and inclusion of the team in the organization 7. Feedback - The meaning and importance of ZV - Active listening - Technology of management and evaluation Application in practice 8. Communication - Internal / external communication and its rules - Ways to distribute information in the organization - How to work, not just "talk " 9. Crisis Management - Definition and causes - Method of application - Impact on the team / organization 10. Corporate environment - The Cider House Rules - Local vs. global corporations - Prisoner's dilemma between the team and superiors 11. How to survive in the position of leader - Interpersonal relationships - Bossing vs. mobbing - Finance, prestige, career ladder 12th Team without boss - Agile Labour Organization (HCD, Scrum) - Benefits and Pitfalls - Application in practice 13. I, the leader - Life / work ballance - Gaining experience and their assessment - Psychic resilience
- recommended literature
- GRIFFIN, Ricky W. a Gregory MOORHEAD. Organizational Behavior: Managing People and Organizations. 11. vyd. Cengage Learning, 2013. ISBN 978-1133626695.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/ISKM53