FF:ROM1BKA02 Practical Catalan II - Course Information
ROM1BKA02 Practical Catalan IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/2. 5 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jiří Pešek (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Lucie Rossowová, Ph.D.
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 12:00–13:40 L41
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ROM1BKA01 Practical Catalan I && ! ROM0B101 Catalan II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 11/50, only registered: 0/50, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/50
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 16 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Continuation of the four subjects of the program of Catalan language (Llengua catalana I - LLengua catalana IV). The aim of this subject is for students to have a basic level of Catalan language, which would allow them to understand most used sentences and expressions related to everyday topics (i.e. basic personal information, information about their family, shopping, local geography, jobs...). In this way they would be able to communicate in simple and normal situations that require a simple and direct exchange of information. They can describe, in a simple way, some aspects of their experience and personal background, topics on inmmediate environment and topics related to their most inmmediate needs. This subject is complemented with Seminari de conversa II, which is highfully recommented to attend, since it is a useful tool to practice the four communicative skills through multimedia.
- Learning outcomes
- The student gets a A2 level in Catalan according to the European Reference Frame.
- By the end of this course the student should be able to understand expressions and frequent vocabulary about topics on personal interests (i.e. personal and familiar information, going shopping, jobs...). He should be able to understand the main idea of short messages and alarms, clear and simple. He might be able to read short and easy texts. He can find specific information in written and simple documents like for example advertisements, brochures, timetables... and can understand personal letters. He can communicate in simple and normal tasks, that require a direct exchange of information about frequent activities. He can describe in a simple way their family and other people, their way of life, educational background and current job. He can also write short messages related to their inmmediate needs, as well as very simple letters.
- recommended literature
- UTRERA DOMINGUEZ, David. Cvičení z katalánštiny (Exercises in Catalan). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 145 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-7436-1. Digitální knihovna FF MU info
- not specified
- Digui, digui... Curs de catalŕ per a no-catalanoparlants. Collectiu, Enciclopedia catalana, 1999
- Catala sense distancies. Gabinet de didactica, Gen.Cat, Barcelona: Portic, 1998
- Gramatica catalana. P. Fabra, 15a ed. Barcelona: Teide, 1991
- Exercicis de pronunciació del catala. Dolors Badia, Salvador Comellas, Barcelona: Eumo, 1983
- Učebnice katalánštiny. Diana Tvrdá-Moix, Praga: Státní Pedagogické nakladatelství, 1977
- Teaching methods
- Lecture: description of the literary field, explanation and definition of basic notions and their demonstration on concrete texts by concrete authors. Seminar: Application of the acquired theoretical knowledge on authentic texts. In the form of a presentation the students show their capability to connect their theoretical knowledge while working with a concrete text.
- Assessment methods
- The subject is finished with a written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Nemohou zapisovat posluchači oboru francouzština.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/ROM1BKA02