FF:PSBB020 Psychosom. and the hol. app. - Course Information
PSBB020 Psychosomatics and the holistic approach in the curent medicineFaculty of Arts
The course is not taught in Spring 2022
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. PhDr. Marcela Bendová, Ph.D. (lecturer), PhDr. Pavel Humpolíček, Ph.D. (deputy)
PhDr. Hana Neudertová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Hana Neudertová, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jarmila Valchářová
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- The subject is intended for all students of Masaryk University interested in psychosomatic, psychosomatic medicine and holistic approach in the treatment of human beings.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 55 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/55, only registered: 0/55, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/55
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, B-PSYCH_)
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the course are to understand basic medical terminology, psychosomatic and psychotherapeutic contexts in accordance with the bio-psycho-social approach to health and disease. Understanding and mastering the relationship between doctor and patient and basic communication skills. Accepting the roles of the patient and the doctor, experiencing the disease, attitude towards the disease, meaning of the symptom. Familiarization with psychological specifics of medical care in individual fields of medicine, providing care of long-term ill and dying patients, pain-management, dealing with anxiety.
- Learning outcomes
- The main objectives of the course are:
- to understand basic medical terminology, psychosomatic and psychotherapeutic contexts in accordance with the bio-psycho-social approach to health and disease,
- to increase the understanding and mastering the relationship between doctor and patient,
- to support basic communication skills,
- to gain the accepting the roles of the patient and the doctor,
- to stabilize the experiencing of the disease, the attitude towards the disease and meaning of the symptom,
The course would try to provide the familiarization with psychological specifics of medical care in individual fields of medicine, providing care of long-term ill and dying patients, pain-management, dealing with anxiety.
- Holistic approach to the disease.
- The relationship between the physical symptom and the psyche.
- Psychosomatic aspects of special clinical description of disease - psycholoncology, gynecology and obstetrics, algeciology, orthopedics and neurology, surgery, internal medicine, etc.
- The importance of the relationship between the doctor and the patient.
- Ways and strategies of communication.
- Variables modifying the doctor-patient relationship on a conscious and unconscious level.
- Role of a patient, experiencing illness, attitude to illness, meaning of a symptom.
- Principles of crisis intervention in an acute psychological crisis.
- Role of psychologist in the medical team, the most used psychodiagnostic methods.
- Psychological specifics of medical care in individual context.
- Specifics of long-term care and carrying of dying patients.
- Pain management, the issue of chronic pain.
- Relationships and forms of communication in the medical team.
- • BENDOVÁ, Marcela. Lékařská psychologie dnes a perspektivy výuky na LF MU-sborník přednášek-sympozium LF ČR. Praha, 2007. Sborník- LFUK Praha-únor 2007. TRESS, Wolfgang, Johannes KRUSSE a Jürgen OTT. Základní psychosomatická péče. Trans
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, discussion, case studies.
- Assessment methods
- Conditions will be defined at the beginning of the course.
Obligatory is at least 80% of attendance.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Předmět není určen studentům 1. ročníku.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2022/PSBB020