PřF:Bi7171 Biotechnological excursions - Course Information
Bi7171 Biotechnological excursionsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Šárka Nevolová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jitka Sedláčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Šárka Nevolová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 45 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 43/45, only registered: 0/45, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/45
- Course objectives
- The objective of professional excursions is to provide the students of biology and biochemistry larger view and practical experience with workplaces, which use microbiological and molecular biotechnological methods in the working processes. The students will visit following institutions and companies during the four-days tour: (i) biotechnological centre INBIT in Brno, (ii) R&D laboratories and production plant in the company Bioveta, (iii) production plant in the company BioVendor, and (iv) R&D laboratories and production plant in the biotechnology company Contipro in Dolni Dobrouc.
- Learning outcomes
- Graduates will be able to name the workplaces employing microbiological and molecular biotechnological methods. They will be able to describe processes needed for preparation of drugs, proteins and vaccines.
- Teaching methods
- practical excursion
- Assessment methods
- participation in all excursions and preparation of essay describing the visited workplaces and methods that students learnt during excursions
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 4 dny.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2018/Bi7171