PřF:Bi8920 Advanced Microscopic Methods - Course Information
Bi8920 Advanced Microscopic MethodsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Jakub Neradil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Jan Škoda, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Ing. Josef Jaroš, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Jakub Neradil, Ph.D.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Jakub Neradil, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 1. 3. to Fri 14. 5. Thu 12:00–13:50 online_B2
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi1700 Cell Biology || Bi1700c Cell Biology - practice
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 11 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to provide general overview of the principles and techniques of fluorescence and electron microscopy.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students should be able to: explain the principles and application of main methods in fluorescence microscopy, describe the construction of fluorescence and confocal microscope, learn basic techniques of specimen preparation for fluorescence microscopy, use an appropriate method to detect specific cell structure or molecule.
- Lectures: Introduction to fluorescence microscopy, principles of immunofluorescence detection, life cells imaging techniques, confocal microscopy, image analysis, FISH, SKY. Laboratory practice: preparing samples for fluorescence microscopy.
- Life cell imaging: a laboratory manual, Edited by R.D. Goldman, D.L. Spector, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2005.
- Cell imaging techniques: methods and protokols. Edited by D:J. Taatjes, B.T. Mossman. Humana Press, 2006.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, laboratory practice
- Assessment methods
- written test
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2021/Bi8920