PřF:F3089 Sec. school phys. revisited 1 - Course Information
F3089 Secondary school physics revisited 1Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. RNDr. Aleš Lacina, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Jana Musilová, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jiří Bartoš, PhD. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jana Musilová, CSc.
Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jana Musilová, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 19. 9. to Sun 18. 12. Mon 14:00–14:50 F2,02012, Mon 17:00–18:50 FLenc,03028
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to reinforce physical thinking of students including the use of appropriate mathemtaical tools, which is needed for unassisted formulation and solution of complex problems on the secondary school level. Lectures of the course are focused on selected essential chapters of secondary school mechanics and thermal and molecular physics.
- the deeper insight into basic secondary school physical disciplines,
- the survey of the frequently misinterpreted school physical problems and the ability of their proper solving,
- training in solution of more complex problems and in interpretation of demonstration experiments,
- the ability of elementary explanation of physical problems on secondary school level.
- 1. Position, velocity, acceleration, uniform and non-uniform motions, straightforward and curvilinear motions, tangential and normal acceleration, angular quantities.
- 2. Inertial and non-inertial reference frames, Newton laws, force laws.
- 3. Consequences of Newton laws I: work and energy, conservation laws.
- 4. Complex problems of particle mechanics.
- 5. Consequences of Newton laws II: static equilibrum of rigid bodies, rotation of rigid bodies around a fixed axis.
- 6. Consequences of Newton laws III: static equilibrum of liquids, what is pressure, distribution of pressure in a liquid.
- 7. Consequences of Newton laws IV: convection of liquids, conservation laws - conservation of mass and energy during a convection of a liquid.
- Termal and molecular physics
- 1. Macro- a micro- : basic ideas of alternative ways of description of macroscopic systems, particle structure of matter.
- 2. Thermodynamic equilibrum: the zero-th law of thermodynamics, thermodynamic equilibrum state, temperature, equilibrum processes, state equations.
- 3. Work, heat (internal) energy: energy balance sheet, the first law of thermodynamics.
- 4. „Director of natural processes factory“: the second law of thermodynamics, (entropy).
- 5. Fundamental statistical considerations: Maxwell distribution and its application.
- 6. Application I: ideal gas.
- 7. Application II: thermal properties of matter - thermal capacity, (thermal conductivity), thermal expansion, phase transitions.
- 8. Application III: heat engines, heating, cooling, cooking, energetics.
- required literature
- Gymnaziální učebnice fyziky
- recommended literature
- ALONSO, Marcelo and Edward J. FINN. Fundamental university physics. Volume 1, Mechanics. Reading: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1969. xvi, 435 s. info
- ALONSO, Marcelo and Edward J. FINN. Fundamental university physics. Volume 2, Fields and waves. Reading: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1970. xviii, s. info
- ALONSO, Marcelo and Edward J. FINN. Fundamental university physics. Volume 3, Quantum and statistical physics. Reading: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1969. ix, 598 s. info
- HALLIDAY, David, Robert RESNICK and Jearl WALKER. Fyzika : vysokoškolská učebnice obecné fyziky. Edited by Petr Dub, Translated by Jana Musilová - Jan Obdržálek. Vyd. 1. V Brně: Vysoké učení technické, 2000. xvi, 328. ISBN 8071962147. info
- ARONS, A. B. Teaching introductory physics. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1996. xiv, 153. ISBN 0471137073. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, seminars
- Assessment methods
- seminary presentations, concluding discussion
- Language of instruction
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2016/F3089