PřF:MUC03 Fundamentals of Mathematics - Course Information
MUC03 Fundamentals of MathematicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- RNDr. Jan Vondra, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Iva Dřímalová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Jan Vondra, Ph.D.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
- Tue 10:00–11:50 M1,01017
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
MUC03/02: Wed 14:00–15:50 M5,01013, I. Dřímalová
MUC03/03: Thu 14:00–15:50 M6,01011, I. Dřímalová
MUC03/04: Wed 12:00–13:50 M5,01013, I. Dřímalová
- ! M1120 Discrete Mathematics && ! NOW ( M1120 Discrete Mathematics )
Knowledge of high school mathematics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Mathematics focused on teaching (programme PřF, B-UCM) (2)
- Course objectives
- The aim of this cource is to lay the foundations of mathematics. The course deals with basic concepts and their good understanding and use.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon successful completion of this course the student should be able to: understand and explain the selected basic mathematical concepts; understand and explain the selected basic mathematical techniques; understand and explain the connection between the basic mathematical concepts.
- 1. Basic logical notions
- 2. Basic set-theoretical notions
- 3. Basic number sets
- 4. Basic properties of integers
- 5. Mappings
- 6. Relations
- 7. Ordered sets
- 8. Equivalences and partitions
- 9. Basic algebraic structures with one operation
- 10. Basic algebraic structures with two operations
- 11.Homomorfhisms of algebraic structures.
- required literature
- Horák, Pavel. Základy matematiky. Učební text. https://www.math.muni.cz/~vondra/vyuka/p2020/zm/zm_skripta_2013.pdf
- Horák, Pavel. Základy matematiky. Učební text ke cvičení. https://www.math.muni.cz/~vondra/vyuka/p2020/zm/zm_sbirka_2013.pdf
- Teaching methods
- Lectures: theoretical explanations with practical applications. Exercises: practical solving problems focused on basic concepts and theorems, individual problem solving by students.
- Assessment methods
- Teaching: lectures, consultative exercises. Exam: written and oral.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2021/MUC03