PřF:M7190 Game Theory - Course Information
M7190 Game TheoryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 3 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Libor Polák, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Libor Polák, CSc.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Libor Polák, CSc.
- ( M1100 Mathematical Analysis I || ( FI:M000 Calculus I )) && ( M1110 Linear Algebra I || ( FI:M003 Linear Algebra and Geometry I )) && ( M2100 Mathematical Analysis II || ( FI:M001 Calculus II ))
Basics of linear algebra and calculus.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Basic course on Game Theory with the stress on aplications in economy. Three basic mathematical models (normal form, characteristic function, extensive form) are studied. Various concepts of equilibria are discussed. Numerous practical problems are solved.
- n-person games in normal form (equilibra concepts, their existence). 2-person games in normal form (antagonistic games, optimal strategies, solution of matrix games, games on the square,multi-stage games). Nonantagonistic 2-person games (bimatrix games, utility theory, the bargaing problem, threats). n-person games in characteristic function form (the core, its existence, von Neumann - Morgenstern's solution, the Shapley value, applications in economics). Games in extensive form.
- G. Owen, Game Theory, Sounders Company 1983
- Handbook of game theory with economic applications. Edited by Robert J. Aumann - Sergiu Hart. Amsterdam: North Holland, 1999. xxvi, 733. ISBN 0444880984. info
- Handbook of game theory with economic applications. Edited by Robert J. Aumann - Sergiu Hart. Amsterdam: North-Holland, 1994. 1520 s. ISBN 0444894276. info
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- standardní přednáška se cvičením, písemná zkouška
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Teacher's information