PřF:Bi4070 Image Analysis - Course Information
Bi4070 Image Analysis and Microphotography in BiologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- RNDr. Dušan Kadlec, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Božena Koubková, Ph.D. (assistant)
- RNDr. Božena Koubková, Ph.D.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: RNDr. Dušan Kadlec, Ph.D.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi2302 Zoology microtechnique
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 60 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/60, only registered: 0/60, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/60
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of this subject can be summarized as follows:
to gives information about acquiring of images, documentation and image analysis in biology; to extend basic knowledge of microscopic methods (bright field and fluorescence microscopy; to learn the principles of manual and automatic measurements and evaluation of image data in biology.
The lecture is oriented to applications - mathematical knowledge is not required.
- Recent devices for documentation of image, TV and digital cameras, digitalization of signal.
- Grabbing and storage of image data, basic methods of manual and automatic measurement of biological objects, annotation.
- Preprocessing, enhancement and segmentation of image, binary editor. Classification of objects.
- Use of image analysis in pathology, toxicology (Comet Assay) and cytogenetics (fluorescence in situ hybridization, comparative genomic hybridization, karyotyping of chromosomes).
- PURVES, Dale and R.BEAU LOTTO. Why we see what we do: An Empirical Theory of Vision. : Sinauer Associates, Inc., 2003. 260 pp. ISBN 0-87893-752-8. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical lectures, practice presentation, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- lectures (attendance is recommended), class discussion, optional excursion at expert labs final test,colloquium
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught: in blocks.