PřF:M7111 Topics on mathematical modelli - Course Information
M7111 Topics on mathematical modellingFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (příf plus uk k 1 zk 2 plus 1 > 4). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. RNDr. Petr Lánský, DrSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ivanka Horová, CSc.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
- Wed 12:00–13:50 MS1,01016
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Selected methods of mathematical modeling are presented and developed. A comparison between deterministic and stochastic approaches is followed in detail. New trends in mathematical modeling are introduced and reviewed. Each chapter is supplemented by a summary of applied mathematical procedures.
- Program is modified with respect to models under consideration 1) Hypergeometric probability distribution 2) Poisson probability distribution 3) Random variable simulation 4) Poisson process, in time and space 5) Sequences of random variables 5) Information coding 6) Birth-and-death processes 7) Deterministic population models 8) Diffusion processes 9) Stocastic differential equations
- TUCKWELL, Henry C. Elementary applications of probability theory : with an introduction to stochastic differential equations. 2nd ed. London: Chapman and Hall, 1995. xv, 292. ISBN 0412576201. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and discussion
- Assessment methods
- lectures, class discussion, presentations by professionals in the field
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.