PřF:Bi7201c Genomics - practice - Course Information
Bi7201c Genomics - practiceFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 3 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Recommended Type of Completion: k (colloquium). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Jan Hejátko, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Eliška Nejedlá, CSc. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Alena Kuderová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Konečná (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tereza Dobisová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Markéta Pernisová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Vendula Hrdinová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Fajkus, CSc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Jan Hejátko, Ph.D.
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- Bi7201c/Bi7201c_01: No timetable has been entered into IS.
Bi7201c/Bi7201c_02: No timetable has been entered into IS.
Bi7201c/Bi7201c_03: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- NOW ( Bi7201 Genomics )
Completion of basic courses of biochemistry and/or molecular biology and genetics is a prerequisite for subscription to the course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 36 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/36, only registered: 0/36, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/36
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end ofg the course, students will acquire practical experience with basic methods of functional genomics, i.e. particularly with the identification of sequence specific insertional mutants identification: From the primer design, (primers) DNA synthesis, PCR, PCR product identification on agarose gels and confirmation of the PCR specificity using Southern blot hybridization with labeled probe till the fragmentation analysis using automated sequencing machine. The work is organized in groups of two students each, allowing thus self-dependent experiment planning and accomplishment. At the end of the course, the students will get the overview of basic approaches of the functional genomics. Students will be able to aply them for solution of problems during their own scientific praxis.
- Design of oligonucleotides sequence
- Oligonucleotides synthesis
- Analysis of gene expression using transcriptional fusion
- Isolation of plant genomic DNA
- Identificatio of insertional mutant using PCR
- Working woth databasis of molecular-biology informations
- Transfer of DNA on membrane, preparation of labeled probe and hybridization
- Detection of hybridized probe
- Fragmentation analysis
- Teaching methods
- Practical solution of problems demonstrating utilizing of basic instruments of the functional genomics.
- Assessment methods
- The course will and up by colloquium. The prerequisite for successful completion of the course is timely submission of required protocols and participation in the final interview.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: pro zápis do cvičení je nutné absolvování teoretické přednášky Bi7201