PřF:ZX404 Introduction to secrets of map - Course Information
ZX404 Introduction to secrets of maps and GIS - onlineFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Radim Štampach, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radim Štampach, Ph.D.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Radim Štampach, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- KREDITY_MIN ( 20 ) || PROGRAM ( N - UCZ ) || PROGRAM ( N - UCC )|| PROGRAM ( N - UCB ) || PROGRAM ( N - UCBV ) || PROGRAM ( N - UCF ) || PROGRAM ( N - UCM ) && ! PROGRAM ( B - GEK ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - AGG ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - FYG ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - GKG ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - SGR ) && (! Z8118 Thematic Cartography ) && (! Z8818 Applied Geoinformatics )
Student must be able to do common works on computer and he should be interested in maps and geography.
Students can work on their own computers or on computers in university study rooms or terminal servers. If they will work on their computers, they must install a university ArcGIS license. ArcGIS is installed in university study rooms and terminal servers. More information about the ArcGIS University license: https://it.muni.cz/sluzby/software/esri-arcgis
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 31 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of subject is to introduce students of other programmes than geography and cartography into topic of geographic information systems (GIS) and with their possible using in other fields - including student's field of study.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course student will know environment of GIS software and will be able to complete the most frequent tasks – e.g. doing basic spatial analysis and making maps. They will be also introduced into complex analysis in GIS.
- Environment of GIS software The most frequent tasks in GIS Making of various types of maps - statistical map, overview map etc. Available sources of spatial data and their using in GIS Work with data from GPS 3D visualization in GIS Terrain models - creation and using in analysis
- recommended literature
- MIKLÍN, Jan, Radek DUŠEK, Luděk KRTIČKA and Oto KALÁB. Tvorba map. Vydání první. Ostrava: Ostravská univerzita, Přírodovědecká fakulta, 2018. 299 stran. ISBN 9788075990174. info
- not specified
- Multimediální učebnice kartografie. Online: https://ucebnice.geogr.muni.cz/kartografie/
- SLOCUM, Terry A. Thematic cartography and geographic visualization. 2nd ed. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Pearson Prentice Hall, 2005. x, 518. ISBN 0130351237. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is prepared with using e-learning materials. They are based on practical work with GIS software based on the real tasks. Short presentations about topic of actual lecture are part of e-learning materials. Student will work on defined tasks during the semester.
Main GIS software used in this courseis ArcGIS. License is available to any student of Masaryk University. More information: https://it.muni.cz/sluzby/software/esri-arcgis
In case part of the e-learning materials is unclear or if there is another problem, students can ask the teacher for a personal consultation and explanation.
- Assessment methods
- Completion of all exercises is a condition for succesfull finishing of this course.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Note related to how often the course is taught: online výuka.
Information on course enrolment limitations: nelze zapsat pro studenty jednooborového studia programů B-GEK, N-AGG, N-FYG, N-GKG, N-SGR
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2020/ZX404