PřF:C6320 Chemical Kinetics - Course Information
C6320 Chemical KineticsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. RNDr. Miroslav Holík, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Miroslav Holík, CSc.
Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 9 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Formal kinetics (rate equation, rate constant, order of reaction). Determination of the order of reaction (initial rates, integration, fractional lifetimes, isolation). Reaction mechanism and rate laws (molecularity, elementary reactions). Consecutive, parallel and reversible reactions (steady state approximation, rate determining step).Catalysed reactions (homogeneous, enzymatic, heterogeneous). Chain reactions (polymerisation, branched chain). Relaxation and dynamic NMR spectroscopy. Reaction thermodynamic (Arrhenius equation, collision and transition state theory).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses