PřF:Bi6760 Entomology - Course Information
Bi6760 EntomologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Jaromír Vaňhara, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jaromír Vaňhara, CSc.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jaromír Vaňhara, CSc.
- Tue 15:00–16:50 Z3,02045
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( Bi1030 Syst. & evol. of invertebrates || B1030 Syst. & phyl. of invertebrates )&&(! B6760 Entomology )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Systematic Biology and Ecology (programme PřF, B-BI, specialization Systematic Zoology and Ecology)
- Course objectives
- Structure, function and systematic position of insects. Cuticle and moulting. Segmental plan and modification of appendages. Basic anatomic structures (muscular system, alimentary canal, respiratory system and breathing, circulation of haemolymph, nervous system and sense organs, reproduction). Embryology and development. Recent classification and the main representatives of systematic groups, their economic importance.
- General Entomology 1. Insects in the systems of animals,ideal body organisation scheme (protentomon), origin and history of insects, habitus, size and numbers. 2. Body segmentation,integument a its sclerotization, colouring. Head, head capsule and tentorium, special forms of head. 3. Antennae, mouthparts, special adaptations in mouthparts. Position of mouthparts and a type of head capsule, cervix.uď, její stavba a členění. Vývoj neokřídleného segmentu, vývoj okřídleného segmentu, vnitřní kostra hrudi, velikostní poměr hrudních článků. Hmyzí noha a její vývoj, úpravy praetarsu. Zvláštní případy utváření končetin. 4. Thorax, its structure and segmentation. Development of a wingless segment, development of a winged segment, inner framewoth of thorax, proportion of thoracic segments. Insect leg and their development, organisation of pretarsus. Adaptations in legs. 5. Wing, structure, wing fields and veins. Basal elements of wing, axillary area. Modifications of wings, wing coupling, reduction and polymorphy. Movements of wings, frequency and amplitude of wingbeat, wing folding and resting. 6. Abdomen, structure, segmentation and appendages. Styli and coxal vesicles, cerci and filum terminale Larval abdominal legs. External genital appeandages of males and females, ovipositors and their modifications. Sound-producing organs. 7. Excretory organs, glands, secretory cell,cutaneous and salivary glands, sting of Aculeata. Musculuture, physiology of muscular activity. 8. Alimentary canal and its parts, stomodeum, mesenteron, proktodeum, Histology of gut, Physiology of digestion, absorption and nutrition,filter chamber. Food preference and sources of food. í. Filtrační komora. Příjem potravy a její zdroje. 9. Brething organs, structure of tracheal system, spiracles, tracheae and tracheoles. Developmen of tracheal system, number and arrangement of spiracles. Outer and inner breathing, cutaneous respiration. 10. Sinuses and haemolymph, circulatory system, circulation of blood. Fat body, pericardial cells and oenocytes. Luminiscence. 11. Central nervous system, insect brain and ventral chain of segmental ganglia, visceral nervous system, Nerve cell and histology od nerves. Endocrine system. 12. Sense organs, sensory seta, scolopidium. Mechanoreceptors, auditory organs, chemoreceptors, visual organs. Behaviour. 13. Reproductive system of males ans speratogenesis. Reproductive organs of females and oogenesis, sperm transfer. Sexual dimorphism. 14. Embryonal development, cleavage and blastoderm formation,differentiation of blastoderm,embryo segmentation and extraembryonic organes, blastokinesis. Organogenesis, criteria of proper segments and conditions of embryogenesis. 15. Postembryonic development, types of metamorphosis, developmental stages, endopterygote larvae, pupae.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses