PřF:FB123 Seminar on Mathematical Physic - Course Information
FB123 Seminar on Mathematical PhysicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Michael Krbek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Michael Krbek, Ph.D.
Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Michael Krbek, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Thu 17:00–18:50 F3,03015
- fulfillment of the obligatory part of mathematical subject in the bachelor§s degree programme Physics
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physics (programme PřF, M-FY)
- Course objectives
- Areas of mathematics relevant to physical applications are discussed. The participants of the seminar will become acquainted with some such areas of mathematics.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able: - to orient themselves in the discussed mathematical and-or physical problematics - to follow the presentation style: definition, theorem, proof
- -Lamé`s equation -cyclidic surfaces -Lamé's products -boundary value problem for the Helmholtz equation
- recommended literature
- LIFŠIC, Jevgenij Michajlovič and Lev Davidovič LANDAU. Kvantovaja mechanika. Moskva: Nauka, 1972. 367 s. info
- LIFŠIC, Jevgenij Michajlovič and Lev Davidovič LANDAU. Teoretičeskaja fizika. Izd. 5-oje ispr. i dop. Moskva: Nauka, 1967. 458 s. info
- LANDAU, Lev Davidovič and Jevgenij Michajlovič LIFŠIC. Teoretičeskaja fizika. Moskva: Gosudarstvennoje izdatel'stvo fiziko-matematičeskoj literatury, 1958. 206 s. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures of the teacher and student presentations
- Assessment methods
- active presence
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (Spring 2020, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2020/FB123