PřF:Bi8322en Mol & Cell Biol Seminar II - Course Information
Bi8322en Molecular and Cell Biology Seminar IIFaculty of Science
The course is not taught in Spring 2021
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Jan Šmarda, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jan Šmarda, CSc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jan Šmarda, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Bi7321en Mol & Cell Biol Seminar I
The students have to actively work on their diploma projects.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Molecular and Cell Biology (programme PřF, N-MCBE)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to train students in oral presentation of research work and guide them through principles of scientific discussions.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to present and formulate main problems of their diploma theses, interprete the results obtained, express scientific questions/answers and participate actively in discussions within the field of molecular and cell biology.
- Program of seminars is composed of talks presented by students. The talks have to contain introduction to the broader field of diploma project, specific aims, description of methods used to reach them, results obtained and their interpretation. In following discussion, the lecturer is supposed to answer questions asked by techaer and other students in auditorium.
- recommended literature
- The craft of scientific communication. Edited by Joseph E. Harmon - Alan G. Gross. London: University of Chicago Press, 2010. xiii, 225. ISBN 0226316629. info
- Teaching methods
- Oral presentations given by students and invited speakers followed by class discussions.
- Assessment methods
- Attendance in the course and participation in discussions.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2021/Bi8322en