PřF:C3705 Good laboratory practice in ch - Course Information
C3705 Good laboratory practice in chemical laboratoryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Marta Farková, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. Ing. Branislav Vrana, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Marta Farková, CSc.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! C3700 Quality in analytical laboratory && ! C5920 Good Laboratory Practice
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Analytical Chemist - Manager of Chemical Laboratory (programme PřF, B-CH)
- Chemistry (programme PřF, B-CH)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with GLP principles, relevant standards, organization of a laboratory and accreditation processes, with validations, evaluation of analyses results and sampling.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- understand major principle assuring quality of the results;
- discuss goals of GLP, fundamental terms and standards;
- describe, discuss and interpret organization of laboratory and work conditions, laboratory accreditation and proficiency testing;
- conduct equipment validation, validation of analytical system and methods;
- apply fundamentals of good sampling practice including techniques for homogeneous and nonhomogeneous objects, design and evaluation of sampling plan;
- process experimental data;
- understand needs of GLP application in practices.
- 1. basic of statistics. 2. hypothesis testing, ANOVA. 3. chemical metrology. 4. calibration. 5. reference materials. 6. sampling. 7. uncertainties. 8. traceability in chemical measurement. 9. control charts.
- SUCHÁNEK, Miroslav, Zbyněk PLZÁK, Pavel ŠUBRT and Ivan KORUNA. KVALIMETRIE 7. Validace analytických metod. Praha: EURACHEM-ČR, 1997. 137 pp. ISBN 80-901868-2-3. info
- Teaching methods
- Type of education: lectures, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Type of exam: written and oral exam. 2 final written tests. Each comprises of 6 questions per 1 point. To pass the course, the student must reach the score of at least 4 points from each test.
- Language of instruction
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2021/C3705