FF:PBM004 Professional ethics - Course Information
PBM004 Professional ethicsFaculty of Arts
The course is not taught in Spring 2020
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Danka Cieślarová (lecturer)
Mgr. Helena Klimusová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Dana Knotová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Dana Knotová, Ph.D.
Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Ivana Klusáková
Supplier department: Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 0/25
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Social Education and Counselling (programme FF, N-PD)
- Course objectives
- Professional ethics course focuses on various types of professional conduct, which have an ethical dimension. The sequence of situations is structured on the basis of moral relationship of the individual to profession and professional work, clients, colleagues, and in relation to institution. Individual situations will be discussed from the perspective of internal freedom, conscience and standards (codes of conduct) of the profession of social educator or counselor. The aim of the course is to acquaint students with ethical professional standards and to teach them to prevent ethical problems to some degree and to understand models of ethical decision-making.
- Learning outcomes
- to identify individual types of professional conduct that have an ethical dimension describe the main features of ethical codes describe the professional standards relating to the performance of the profession of social pedagogue
- Introduction: the importance and application of ethics in helping professions. Basic concepts of ethics: ethical discourses and dimensions. Ethical issues and ethical dilemmas. Selected ethical theories: consequentialist, deontological, social / virtue based theories. Fundamental ethical principles. Ethical reasoning and decision making, ethical problems solving. Professional codes of ethics, possible preventive measures and sanctions.
- required literature
- KOPŘIVA, Karel. Lidský vztah jako součást profese : psychoterapeutické kapitoly pro sociální, pedagogické a zdravotnické profese [Kopřiva, 2000]. 4. vyd. Praha: Portál, 2000. 147 s. ISBN 80-7178-429-X. info
- recommended literature
- JANKOVSKÝ, Jiří. Etika pro pomáhající profese (The ethics for care occupations). 1. vyd. PRAHA: Triton, 2003. 223 pp. ISBN 80-7254-329-6. URL URL info
- Blízké a vzdálené :etické teorie a principy práce s lidmi. Edited by Jan-Olav Henriksen - Arne Johan Vetlesen - Miluše Juříčková. 1. vyd. Boskovice: ALBERT, 2000. 210 s. ISBN 80-85834-85-5. info
- Teaching methods
- Teaching methods: lectures and seminars. Reading.
- Assessment methods
- To pass the exam, student has to attend at least 80 % of seminars and to write an essay (home written).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/PBM004