PdF:FJ3038 Selected topics in Syntax - Course Information
FJ3038 Selected topics in French SyntaxFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Václava Bakešová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Václava Bakešová, Ph.D.
Department of French Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Barbora Hůrková
Supplier department: Department of French Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 11 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objectives of the subject is to widen the students’ knowledge of syntax. It is based at procedures used in synthetic analysis, types of clauses and sentences, sentence constituents and word order, analysis and typology of utterance.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student is able to: - understand the structure of the unfolded French sentences simple and the sentences, - explain the occurring extensive grammatical phenomena and syntactic interconnection, - apply the lessons learned in practice - read more complex texts.
- 1. Concept analysis of “phrase”, “énoncé”, énonciation”. 2. Processes used in syntactic analysis – substitution, commutation. 3. Types and modes of a simple sentence. 4. Types of sentences according to the clause positioning – juxtaposition, co-ordination, subordination, correlation. 5. Sentence constituents. 6. Problems of French word order – inversion, dislocation, “détachement”, “mise en relief”. 7. Analysis and typology of an utterance, functional sentence perspective.
- recommended literature
- Laurent, N. a B. Delaunay. Bescherelle. Maîtriser la grammaire française. Paris: Hatier, 2018. 192 s. ISBN 978-2-218-99206-3.
- RIEGEL, Martin, Jean-Christophe PELLAT and René RIOUL. Grammaire méthodique du français. 6e édition. Paris: PUF, 2016. xliii, 110. ISBN 9782130732853. info
- CUSIMANO, Christophe Gérard L. Cahier pratique de syntaxe française (Practical handbook of French syntax). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2010. 151 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-5115-7. info
- SIRÉJOLS, Évelyne and Pierre CLAUDE. Grammaire : 450 nouveaux exercices. Paris: CLE International, 2002. 219 stran. ISBN 2090337427. info
- GREVISSE, Maurice and André GOOSSE. Le bon usage :grammaire francaise. 13th ed. Paris: Duculot, 1993. xxxviii, 1. ISBN 2-8011-1045-0. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Ending: credit. Requierements: active participation and written tests (minimal 70% correctness)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: kombinované studium 4 hod. konzultací.