PdF:FJ3038 Selected topics in Syntax - Course Information
FJ3038 Selected topics in SyntaxFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Václava Bakešová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Václava Bakešová, Ph.D.
Department of French Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Barbora Hůrková
Supplier department: Department of French Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course focuses on the procedures used in syntactic analysis, sentence types and sentences, sentence members and vocabulary, analysis and typology of the speech.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the student is able to: - to understand the structure of the unfolded French sentences simple and the sentences, - to explain the occurring grammatical phenomena and syntactic interconnection, - to explain the new tendencies in the French language, - apply the lessons learned in practice - read more complex texts.
- 1. Concept analysis of “phrase”, “énoncé”, énonciation”. 2. Processes used in syntactic analysis – substitution, commutation. 3. Types and modes of a simple sentence. 4. Types of sentences according to the clause positioning – juxtaposition, co-ordination, subordination, correlation. 5. Sentence constituents. 6. Problems of French word order – inversion, dislocation, “détachement”, “mise en relief”. 7. Analysis and typology of an utterance, functional sentence perspective.
- recommended literature
- ŠABRŠULA, J. Vědecká mluvnice francouzštiny. Praha : Academia, 1986.
- LE GOFFIC, P. Grammaire de la phrase française. Paris : Hachette, 1993. 591 s. ISBN 2-01-020383-6.
- RIEGEL, Martin, Jean-Christophe PELLAT and René RIOUL. Grammaire méthodique du français. 6e édition. Paris: PUF, 2016. xliii, 110. ISBN 9782130732853. info
- GREVISSE, Maurice and André GOOSSE. Le bon usage :grammaire francaise. 13th ed. Paris: Duculot, 1993. xxxviii, 1. ISBN 2-8011-1045-0. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Ending: credit. Requierements: active participation and written tests (minimal 70% correctness)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: kombinované studium 4 hod. konzultací.