PdF:FJ3038 Selected topics in Syntax - Course Information
FJ3038 Selected topics in SyntaxFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Václava Bakešová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Václava Bakešová, Ph.D.
Department of French Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Barbora Hůrková
Supplier department: Department of French Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- FJ3038/01: each odd Thursday 14:50–16:30 učebna 55, V. Bakešová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objectives of the subject is to widen the students’ knowledge of syntax. It is based at procedures used in synthetic analysis, types of clauses and sentences, sentence constituents and word order, analysis and typology of utterance. At the end of this course the student is able to: - to understand the structure of the unfolded French sentences simple and the sentences, - to explain the occurring grammatical phenomena and syntactic interconnection, - to explain the new tendencies in the French language, - apply the lessons learned in practice - read more complex texts.
- 1. Concept analysis of “phrase”, “énoncé”, énonciation”. 2. Processes used in syntactic analysis – substitution, commutation. 3. Types and modes of a simple sentence. 4. Types of sentences according to the clause positioning – juxtaposition, co-ordination, subordination, correlation. 5. Sentence constituents. 6. Problems of French word order – inversion, dislocation, “détachement”, “mise en relief”. 7. Analysis and typology of an utterance, functional sentence perspective.
- recommended literature
- LE GOFFIC, P. Grammaire de la phrase française. Paris : Hachette, 1993. 591 s. ISBN 2-01-020383-6.
- ŠABRŠULA, J. Vědecká mluvnice francouzštiny. Praha : Academia, 1986.
- RIEGEL, Martin, Jean-Christophe PELLAT and René RIOUL. Grammaire méthodique du français. 6e édition. Paris: PUF, 2016. xliii, 110. ISBN 9782130732853. info
- GREVISSE, Maurice and André GOOSSE. Le bon usage :grammaire francaise. 13th ed. Paris: Duculot, 1993. xxxviii, 1. ISBN 2-8011-1045-0. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Ending: credit. Requierements: active participation and written tests (minimal 70% correctness)
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: kombinované studium 4 hod. konzultací.