ESF:BPH_BUPR Business Projects - Course Information
BPH_BUPR Business ProjectsFaculty of Economics and Administration
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Tuck Lloyd Crawford MacRae, M. B.A. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Petr Smutný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Petr Smutný, Ph.D.
Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
Contact Person: Ing. Bc. Bohdana Čechová
Supplier department: Department of Corporate Economy - Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- BPH_BUPR/01: Thu 12:50–14:30 S301, P. Smutný
BPH_BUPR/02: Wed 12:00–13:35 S313, P. Smutný
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! PHBPRO Business Projects
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 50 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 1/50, only registered: 0/50, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/50
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Students are given a chance to apply their theoretical knowledge in writing case studies where they aim to solve business / managerial problem of their own choice. Studetns work in small teams to create their own project plan. In this process they apply selected theorïes and methods in a particular environment of their case study.
- 1st week Opening lecture, establishing topic + team assignment
- 2nd week Scheduling, critical path method, finalizing team assignment
- 3rd week An Introduction to PRINCE2, Project Organisation and Structure, Introduction to Processes, The PRINCE2 Project lifecycle, Ottawa Senators Case introduction.
- 4th week Starting up a project, Initiating a Project, PRINCE2 Plans, Product based Planning, Discussion of case Project Brief and Initiation Stage Plan Requirements.
- 5th week Resource allocation, budgeting
- 6th week Team Presentation, Project Brief and Initiation Stage Plan
- 7th week Checkpoint Review, Directing a Project, Quality, Progress, Producing the PID for the Ottawa Senators Case.
- 8th week Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Deliverables, Managing Stage Boundaries, Business Case, Producing the Business Case for the Ottawa Senators project.
- 9th week Risk analysis
- 10th week Risk management
- 11th week Risk Management, Change, Quality Review Technique, Closing a Project.
- 12th week Tailoring PRINCE2 to the project environment
- 13th week Team Project Presentation, Project Initiation Document, Business Case, Next Stage Plan
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, teamwork, presentations.
- Assessment methods
- to present the results of your work;
- to hand in a written paper.
Any copying, keeping a record of tests or carrying the tests out, using forbidden aids including any communication devices or any other breach of objectivity of the exam is regarded as a failure to meet the obligations of the subject and as a serious breach of study regulations. As a consequence, the teacher grades the student with "F" and the dean is allowed to initiate a disciplinary action, which might lead to the termination of the studies.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught each semester.
General note: Nezapisují si studenti, kteří absolvovali předmět PHBPRO. Předmět je nabízen pouze zahraničním studentům.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Inovace studia ekonomických disciplín v souladu s požadavky znalostní ekonomiky (CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0227)" which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.