FI:PA175 Digit.Syst. Diagnostics II - Course Information
PA175 Digital Systems Diagnostics IIFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Zdeněk Matěj, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Václav Přenosil, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Mon 18:00–19:50 B411
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 52 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main aim of this course is understand and master fundamental theoretical know ledges of the technical system reliability theory.
The lessons are specialized in particular into following topics:
theory of the technical systems reliability,
theoretical and operative diagnostic of the digital systems,
reliability of the Man-Machine systems,
principles, models and applications of the redundancy.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to reason about and desing solutions relating to reliability of embedded systems.
- Theory of the reliability
- Hardware and software reliability of the digital systems
- Definition of the reliability, classification of the failures
- Numerical parameters of the reliability
- Reliability evaluation of the electronics devices
- Grounding notations of theoretical and technical diagnostics
- Failures model of the technical systems
- Assembly methods of the combination and sequential logical circuits tests
- Fundamental procedures of the easy tested circuits
- Fundamental procedures of the fault tolerant systems - checking of the failure-free activity, relaxation after failure, reconfiguration, depletion of the operation
- Methods and models of the redundancy
- Fundamental of the technical systems predicting diagnostics
- Hardware and software functionality checking tools of the digital system
- Hardware and software diagnostics tools of the digital systems
- Microprocessors systems testing and ROMBIOS
- recommended literature
- Perry L. Martin - Electronic Failure Analysis Handbook
- G. Bolch, S. Greiner, H. de Meer, K. Trivedi - Queueing Networks and Markov Chains: Modeling and Performance Evaluation with Computer Science Applications
- Martin L. Shooman, Reliability of Computer Systems and Networks: Fault Tolerance, Analysis, and Design , Wiley-Interscience, 2001
- not specified
- Military Handbook MIL-HDBK-217F: Reliability prediction of electronic equipment
- Military Standard MIL-STD-785B: Reliability program for systems and equipment, development and production
- Teaching methods
- Lectures that correspond to intended aims of tuition.
- Assessment methods
- Final examination consists of 2 parts:
1) discussion about written test and homemade task - theory of the reliability and theoretical diagnostics
2) oral exam - theoretical topics from list of the study fields.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information
- Learning outcomes of the course relate to three separate areas, in each area the lessons are organized into a theoretical and a practical part. The practical part will be run on technical and software equipment in the Laboratory of Digital Computer Architecture and Design. All documentation and instructions are only available in English.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fi/autumn2019/PA175