PV202 Laboratoř servisních systémůFakulta informatiky
- 0/0/2. 2 kr. Doporučované ukončení: k. Jiná možná ukončení: z.
- Mgr. Tomáš Došek (přednášející)
Ing. Petr Vlach, MBA (přednášející)
Ing. Leonard Walletzký, Ph.D. (přednášející)
Mgr. Jitka Kitner (pomocník)
- doc. RNDr. Eva Hladká, Ph.D.
Katedra počítačových systémů a komunikací - Fakulta informatiky
Dodavatelské pracoviště: Katedra počítačových systémů a komunikací - Fakulta informatiky
- St 16:00–17:50 C511
- Preconditions for this course are: (1) capability of autonomous work; (2) English; (3) wish to work as a member of a team;
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je nabízen i studentům mimo mateřské obory.
Předmět si smí zapsat nejvýše 20 stud.
Momentální stav registrace a zápisu: zapsáno: 0/20, pouze zareg.: 0/20, pouze zareg. s předností (mateřské obory): 0/20
- Mateřské obory/plány
- předmět má 40 mateřských oborů, zobrazit
- Cíle předmětu
- Objective to provide overall picture & insight on Cloud computing emerging area. Cloud computing is model that is becoming more and more important not only among biggest companies in the world, but practically everywhere in our daily life. Nowadays companies are already able to demonstrate that this new model is capable of creating real business benefits, new markets and opportunities. Course covers various aspects of cloud computing - e.g. virtualization, what the cloud computing is about, architecture, security in cloud computing, transition to cloud environment, business aspects & risks of this new phenomen and many others. During course labs students are expected to build their own virtualized cloud technology on their PCs or create application within PaaS environment (provided by RedHat or IBM).
- Students are expected to select some of following labs (A or B or C):
- A) RED HAT - Integration of virtualized or hybrid cloud technology (oVirt or Red Hat OpenStack). Simple all-in-one setup would suffice. In such case it is possible to use laptop as hypervisor, within virtual machine it's possible to set up management platform. Final goal of such project is presentation of simple web application running inside a Virtual Machine managed by this infrastructure. Under this assignment the application is not expected to be overly complex. Expected time donation for this variants is 8 hours (pure time spent on task). Creativity of the solution is taken into account and will serve as one of the main decision points for final grade.
- B) RED HAT - Delivery of application running on top of Red Hat OpenShift. This assignment is targeted for students who prefer web development over the integration of projects. Red Hat OpenShift provides basic free account which is enough for integrating large enterprise application with database resources (https://www.openshift.com/). End goal of OpenShift assignment is to have working OpenShift account running an instance of web site. Under this assignment students are expected to deliver rich interface web application in selected language (any of the ones OpenShift provides). Expected time donation for this variant is 8 hours (pure time spent on task). Creativity of the solution is taken into account and will serve as one of the main decision points for final grade.
- C) IBM - includes 2 smaller exercises for PaaS and SaaS i.) PaaS - explore IBM PaaS (BlueMix - https://ace.ng.bluemix.net/) environment and deliver basic web application within this environment. Lab is expected to be concluded with presentation / demo of created application. ii.) SaaS - goal is to use IBM SaaS (BlueWorks). Student uses mentioned SaaS to demonstrate process flow showing steps, activities, roles /... that should be taken in account when cloud suitability for commercial client is being considered (imagine yourself to be in the position of consultant for commercial client). Student can demonstrate also process according own selection as alternative (but this case should be approved in advance and related to Cloud Computing). Lab is to be concluded with presentation (presenting process, and strong / week points of SaaS). This assignment is intended for students who prefers basic web development and would like to focus on business aspect of cloud computing within commercial environment (SaaS part of labs). Expected time donation for this variant (C.i + C.ii together) is 6 hours. Creativity of the solution is taken into account and will serve as one of the main decision points for final grade.
- doporučená literatura
- Williams, Bill. The Economics of Cloud Computing - An Overview for Decision Makers, Cisco Press. 2012. ISBN-13: 978-1587143069 )
- Josyula, Venkata; Orr, Malcolm; Page, Greg. Cloud Computing - Automating the Virtualized Data Center. Cisco Press, 2011. ISBN-13: 978-1587204340
- Reese, George. Cloud Application Architecture - Building Applications and Infrastructure in the Cloud. 2009. ISBN-13: 978-0596156367
- Mell, P. & Grance, t. (2011) The NIST. Definition of Cloud Computing, (Special Publication 800-145). Gaithersburg MD: National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Výukové metody
- Lectures, work in labs
- Metody hodnocení
- Final report about achieved results, class presentation.
- Informace učitele
- Další komentáře
- Předmět je vyučován každý semestr.