FI:PV017 IT Security - Course Information
PV017 Information Technology SecurityFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Jan Staudek, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Václav Matyáš, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Jan Staudek, CSc.
- Wed 16:00–17:50 D1
- PV080 course should be passed before this course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 41 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able
evolve information security policy
elaborate risk analysis
assess adjusted level of information security guaranty
justify measurements and controls options
explain information security issues on the level of management of institution
- Information security notions and concepts
- Information Security Basics
- Security policy, risk analysis
- Evaluation of Security, Common Criteria, ISO/IEC 15408
- ISO/IEC 27000, Information Security Management System
- Open Web Application Security Project, evaluation, certification
- STALLINGS, William. Cryptography and network security :principles and practice. 2nd ed. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall, 1999. xvii, 569. ISBN 0-13-869017-0. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Written exam
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses