FI:PB151 Computer Systems - Course Information
PB151 Computer SystemsFaculty of Informatics
- Extent and Intensity
- 3/0. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc. (lecturer)
- prof. RNDr. Luděk Matyska, CSc.
Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
Contact Person: doc. Ing. Michal Brandejs, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Computer Systems and Communications - Faculty of Informatics
- Thu 12:00–14:50 D2, Thu 12:00–14:50 D1, Thu 12:00–14:50 D3
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! NOW ( PB150 Computer-Systems Architectures )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 25 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course student should be able to understand and explain a general technical principles about computer systems operation.
- Terms, history, computer generations, categories.
- Numeral systems, differences between systems, integer, arithmetics.
- Codes, internal, external, ECC.
- Electronic circuits, memories: parameters, architecture.
- Processor, programming, microprogramming.
- Processor architecture, memory addresses, operational modes, register structures.
- Architectures: RISC/CISC, cache memories.
- IEEE 754.
- I/O devices and its connections.
- Teaching methods
- The course teaching includes lectures and continuous practice by means of IS MU e-learning tests.
- Assessment methods
- The final examination is a written test with answers A-E.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information