FSS:EGOn5006 EU foreign policy-Russia & EP - Informace o předmětu
EGOn5006 EU foreign policy toward Russia and Eastern partnership countriesFakulta sociálních studií
- 1/1/0. 5 kr. Ukončení: zk.
- Mgr. Petra Kuchyňková, Ph.D. (přednášející)
- prof. PhDr. Vít Hloušek, Ph.D.
Katedra mezinárodních vztahů a evropských studií - Fakulta sociálních studií
Kontaktní osoba: Olga Cídlová, DiS.
Dodavatelské pracoviště: Katedra mezinárodních vztahů a evropských studií - Fakulta sociálních studií
- (! IRE218 EU foreign policy -Russia & EP )&&! NOWANY ( IRE218 EU foreign policy -Russia & EP )
- Omezení zápisu do předmětu
- Předmět je určen pouze studentům mateřských oborů.
- Mateřské obory/plány
- European Governance (program FSS, N-EGO)
- International Relations and European Politics (program FSS, N-IREP)
- Joint Master Programme in International Relations: Europe from the Visegrad Perspective (program FSS, N-EVIS)
- Cíle předmětu
- The aim of the course is to make students acquainted with the development of the engagement of the European Union as an actor in EU neighbourhood. The emphasis is put on the Eastern dimension of EU neighbourhood policy and on the relations between the EU and The Russian Federation. Students will be taught about theoretical concepts concerning the activities of the European Union as an actor of International Relations in its neighbourhood: EU as a normative power, EU as civilian power, Europeanisation in relations to EU neighbouring countries etc. The phenomenon of EU development policy, its importance and functioning will also be dealt with. Significant part of the course is devoted to the development, formation and functioning of European Neighbourhood Policy with the emphasis on the programme of Eastern Partnership. After the end of the course students will be able to understand and explain the role of the European Union in the Eastern dimension of its neighbourhood, the problems of particular partner countries, which participate at Eastern Partnership (Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia) and they will be also acquainted with various dimensions of the EU relations towards Russia, as an important actor in the particular geopolitical area. Attention will be devoted to such problems as democratisation, cooperation with the EU in political and economic areas, including energy and possibilities of the ENP to contribute to the solution of these problems, "frozen conflicts" in post-Soviet area etc.
- Výstupy z učení
- On successful completion of the course, students will be able to understand the most important current problems that the EU as international actor faces in the EU Eastern neighbourhood. They will be able to discuss these problems not only in the context of internal peculiarities of the EU Common Foreign and Security Policy in the post-Lisbon era (e.g. institutional peculiarities), but also in the context of the geopolitics of Eastern Europe. The students will be able to analyse and debate the role of the EU and also Russia as actors in contemporary Eastern Europe and South Caucasus; analyse various aspects and areas of the EU activities in relation to Russia and in the framework of the Eastern Partnership programme; discuss particular relevant connected to the problematic with external experts; work in groups; work with data in order to write the group project; present the group project.
- 1. Course introduction - structure and requirements; EU as an actor of international relations in the neighbourhood: EU as normative power, civilian power Europe, prospects and pitfalls of the EU neighbourhood policy. 2. Establishment and further development of the European Neighbourhood Policy - Southern dimension: Barcelona Process and the Eastern Partnership. 3. EU policy towards Russia: Between a normative actor and realist policy. 4. EU-Russia relations: Current most pressing problems + seminar discussion. 5. EU policy towards Ukraine: Ukraine in relation to the ENP and EaP; crisis response in the Eastern Partnership area + seminar discussion. 6. Moldova: The success of the Eastern Partnership, or rather a problem? + seminar discussion 7. Belarus and the EU: EU as an actor of democracy promotion? + seminar discussion 8. ENP and South Caucasus countries (Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan) 9. ENP and South Caucasus countries (Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan) + seminar discussion 10. Lecture of the external expert 11. EU and its policy towards Eastern Europe: Most pressing problems and the future 12. Presentation of group projects 13. Final written exam
- povinná literatura
- Nitoiu, C. (2017): Still entrenched in the conflict/cooperation dichotomy? EU–Russia relations and the Ukraine crisis. European Politics and Society, 18:2, pp. 148-165.
- Vieira, A. & Vasilyan, S. (2018) Armenia and Belarus: caught between the EU's and Russia's conditionalities?, European Politics and Society, 19:4, pp. 471-489.
- Delcour, L. (2018): Dealing with the elephant in the room: the EU, its ‘Eastern neighbourhood’ and Russia, Contemporary Politics, 24:1, pp. 14-29
- Kuzio, T. (2016): Ukraine between a Constrained EU and Assertive Russia. In: Journal of Common Market Studies, 2016, pp. 1-18.
- Lavenex, S. (2017): On the fringes of the European peace project: The neighbourhood policy’s functionalist hubris and political myopia. The British Journal of Politics and International Relations, 2017, Vol. 19(1) 63–76.
- International relations and the European Union. Edited by Christopher Hill - Michael Smith - Sophie Vanhoonacker. Third edition. Oxford: Oxford university press, 2017. xxiii, 570. ISBN 9780198737322. info
- Výukové metody
- The course consists of lectures, class discussions, lectures and presentations by professionals (diplomats) and external experts, homeworks (position papers), group projects and their presentations (textual analyses, policy papers) and reading. In the end of the course final exam is written, with open questions.
- Metody hodnocení
- Every student is obliged to prepare and submit 5 short position papers (around 3000 characters) and discuss the topics of the papers in the class. Every student is obliged to participate in a group project. The group project will be elaborated and submitted in a form of PPT and it will be presented in the class by particular group. The course is ended by final written exam with open questions.
- Vyučovací jazyk
- Další komentáře
- Předmět je vyučován každoročně.
Výuka probíhá každý týden.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/predmet/fss/jaro2022/EGOn5006