FSS:SOCn6301 Stratification research - Course Information
SOCn6301 Social stratification researchFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- prof. PhDr. Tomáš Katrňák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ing. Tomáš Doseděl, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Tomáš Katrňák, Ph.D.
Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
Contact Person: Ing. Soňa Enenkelová
Supplier department: Department of Sociology - Faculty of Social Studies
- Tue 10:00–11:40 PC54
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! SOC409 Stratification research
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 11/25, only registered: 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to get knowledge about social stratification and methods of its measurement.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to:
- identify and summarize important features of the main periods of social stratification research;
- identify and describe current domestic and foreign trends in social stratification research;
- analyze current knowledge in the field of social stratification research;
- analyze and measure social inequalities
- Basic concepts of social stratification research;
- Inequality in conditions: measurement;
- Measuring labor market positions: the concept of social class and ISEI;
- Social mobility, social fluidity and their measurement;
- Social stratification research - four generations of researchers;
- Theory of social mobility and social fluidity;
- Theory of educational inequalities;
- Theory of homogamy and assortative mating
- Teaching methods
- Lecture, seminar, discussion, student presentations
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
General note: Předmět nebude vyučován pokud si ho zapíše méně než 5 studujících.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2021/SOCn6301