FSS:SPP119 Qualitative Research - Course Information
SPP119 Qualitative ResearchFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Winkler, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martin Žižlavský, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Pavel Navrátil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Daniela Jaklová Střihavková (assistant)
Bc. Lucie Mořkovská, DiS. (assistant)
Mgr. Lucie Růžičková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jiří Winkler, Ph.D.
Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Social Policy and Social Work - Faculty of Social Studies
- Wed 8:00–9:30 P21
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- SPP118 Quantitative Research || SPP315 Methodology of Science || SOC106 Methodology of Social Sciences || SOC706 Methodology of social sciences
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 20 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Main objectives can be summarized as follows: (1)knowledge development of research activities at preparation of social programmes and interventions. Offer (2) gain abilities for preparation and implementation applied research into formulation of social programmes goals. (3) Students take qualification to orient themselves in selected issues and life difficulties.
- Problems and programmes for each solution. Problem formulation, causal relationship and chain.
- Theme and research question.Purposes of research and units of analysis.
- Conceptualization, methodological problems in empirical research: terminology, concepts,methodological principles, hypotheses, logical structure, validity
- Research strategies and time dimension: Cross-Sectional Studies, Longitudinal Studies, Approximating Longitudinal Studies,Case Studies
- Experimental Design, Case Studies,
- preparing the research (theoretical,methodological and organizational problems), questionnaires (classification, logical sequence,phrasing of questions), data verification, validation, analysis and presentation
- preparation of group project
- Teaching methods
- lectures, homework, group projects, discussion in seminar
- Assessment methods
- final (group) project, oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2014/SPP119