FSS:ZURd0009 Presentation of the findings - Course Information
ZURd0009 Presentation of dissertation project findingsFaculty of Social Studies
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- doc. Mgr. Jakub Macek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jakub Macek, Ph.D.
Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
Supplier department: Department of Media Studies and Journalism - Faculty of Social Studies
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The presentation of the results of the dissertation project has the form of a public lecture attended by at least 3 members of the Doctoral Board. The student will present preliminary results of the dissertation project in the form of a public lecture addressed to other students and educators. Preliminary results are typically results of the data collection and analyses included in the prepared dissertation thesis. The course should be completed by the end of the 6th semester of study. If the student already produced their own publications related to the dissertation work, this can also be presented. The choice of the language of the presentation is at the discretion of the student. Two weeks prior the presentation, the student is required to submit a research report (12-15 pages) summarising the presented results. After the presentation, the research report (written in the language of the presentation) is reviewed by two selected teachers, followed by a discussion among the participants of the seminar. The purpose of the course is twofold. It provides feedback to new students and also familiarizes other students with the dissertation topics of their colleagues.
- Learning outcomes
- The course develops learning outcomes No.1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- The student is expected to complete the course by the end of the 6th semester of study at the latest. Admission to the exam is conditional upon the submission of a research report summarizing the preliminary results of the dissertation and by a presentation of the results in a joint seminar.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Final exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
Information on course enrolment limitations: ZUD007
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/fss/autumn2021/ZURd0009