PrF:MVV1968K Int.LegalProtectionOfChildren - Course Information
MVV1968K The Practice of the International Legal Protection of ChildrenFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- JUDr. Ing. Zdeněk Kapitán, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ing. Martina Cirbusová, Ph.D. (assistant)
- JUDr. Ing. Zdeněk Kapitán, Ph.D.
Lifelong Learning Centre - Commercial Activities Centres - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Bc. Jana Würzlerová
Supplier department: Lifelong Learning Centre - Commercial Activities Centres - Faculty of Law
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- MVV1968K/01: Mon 27. 2. 16:40–18:10 160, 18:15–19:45 160, Mon 13. 3. 16:40–18:10 160, 18:15–19:45 160, Mon 27. 3. 16:40–18:10 160, 18:15–19:45 160, Mon 10. 4. 16:40–18:10 160, 18:15–19:45 160, Mon 24. 4. 16:40–18:10 160, 18:15–19:45 160, Mon 8. 5. 16:40–18:10 160, 18:15–19:45 160
MVV1968K/02: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 6/20, only registered: 0/20
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Law (programme PrF, M-PPV)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course student should be able to:
understand the broad context of international legal protection of children;
apply the instruments of international law and EU law in the international legal protection of children;
properly choose the legal and non-legal instruments of regulation of relations between parents and children;
define the actual limits of activities of Office for International Legal Protection of Children;
describe the legal regime of cross-border recovery of maintenance, international abduction of children, international adoptions and other legal relations related with international legal protection of children.
- International legal protection of children in the context of family policy in the Czech Republic.
- Legal protection or social work?
- International legal protection of children - legal sources and their relationship.
- International adoption - adoption procedure.
- The Law of the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.
- Cross-border recovery of maintenance.
- Children's rights and decicions of European Court of Human Rights and of Court of Justice of the European Union.
- Attorney at law and international legal protection of children.
- The role of a psychologist in the activities of the Office for International Legal Protection of Children.
- Mediation and the international legal protection of children.
- Current issues of the concept of social-legal protection of children.
- Case studies.
- recommended literature
- DUNN, Virginia and Veronica LACHKOVIC. Family Law in Practice. 9th ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2010. 308 pp. ISBN 978-0-19-957920-4. info
- BLAIR, Marianne D. and Barbara STARK. Family Law in the World Community: Cases, Materials, and Problems in Comparative and International Family Law. 2nd ed. Durhaem: Carolina Academic Press, 2009. 911 pp. ISBN 978-1-59460-560-4. info
- POLÁŠKOVÁ, Eva. Plánovaná lesbická rodina. Klíčové aspekty přechodu k rodičovství. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2009. 250 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-5013-6. info
- PAULITZ, Harald et al. Adoption. Positionen. Impulse. Perspektiven. 1. Aufl. München: C. H. Beck, 2006. 379 pp. ISBN 978-3-406-55218-2. info
- LOWE, Nigel and Mark EVERALL. The New Brussels II Regulation. A Supplement to International Movement of Children. 1st ed. Bristol: Jordan Publishing, 2005. 170 pp. ISBN 978-1-84661-004-2. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Two interim written assignments.
Paper - group project or individual essay, or analysis of selected problem.
Oral colloquium - presentation and defense ot the paper before the teacher and other students.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.