PrF:BVV12Zk Introduction to Commercial Law - Course Information
BVV12Zk Introduction to Commercial LawFaculty of Law
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Zdeněk Houdek (lecturer)
Ing. Mgr. Radek Ruban, Ph.D. (lecturer)
JUDr. Michal Smejkal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martin Floreš (assistant)
doc. JUDr. Josef Kotásek, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Zdeněk Houdek
Department of Commercial Law - Faculty of Law
Contact Person: Vladimíra Vraná
Supplier department: Department of Commercial Law - Faculty of Law
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ! OBOR ( PR ) && ! OBOR ( PR01 ) && ! PROGRAM ( N - VS )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 120 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 29/120, only registered: 0/120, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/120
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to introduce students into the field of study in basic extent. The lessons include legal statute of entrepreneurs (especially commercial corporations), contracts among entrepreneurs and basics of the law of securities. The education provided by lectures should lead to acquirement of knowledge that constitutes basic theoretical understanding of the field and the ability of fast orientation in the legislation and the ability to apply the relevant provisions of law. At the end of the course students should be able to understand in basis the legal regulation of business corporations, competition law, obligations and securities, to explain this regulation and to apply it for the concrete practical cases.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing this subject students will be able to orientate themselves to the basic level in private law (in particular the Civil Code, the Law on Commercial Corporations), as well as some public law regulations (the Act on Public Registers, the Act on the Protection of Competition, the Act on the Protection of Consumer etc.) and apply them to concrete cases of practice (eg the establishment of a business corporation, the conclusion of contracts between entrepreneurs, unfair competition, cartels of competitors, the issue of a bill of exchange, etc.).
- 1. Introduction to Commercial Law 2. Corporate Law 3. Comemrcial Obligations 4. Insolvency Law 5. Labour Law 6. Unfair competition and Competition Law 7. Conception of securities and their classification
- required literature
- ONDREJOVÁ, Dana, Josef BEJČEK, Josef KOTÁSEK, Jaromír KOŽIAK, Jarmila POKORNÁ, Radek RUBAN, Josef ŠILHÁN and Eva VEČERKOVÁ. Nástin obchodního práva (Outline of business law). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 360 pp. Učebnice - 515. ISBN 978-80-210-7417-0. info
- recommended literature
- BEJČEK, Josef, Josef ŠILHÁN and KOLEKTIV. Obchodní smlouvy. Závazky v podnikání. 1st ed. Praha: C.H.Beck, 2015. 539 pp. ISBN 978-80-7400-574-9. info
- KOTÁSEK, Josef. Kotásek, Pihera, Pokorná, Vítek: Právo cenných papírů (Law of Negotiable Instruments). In Právo cenných papírů. 1st ed. Praha: C. H. Beck, 2014. p. 117-220. ISBN 978-80-7400-515-2. info
- BEJČEK, Josef, Petr HAJN, Jarmila POKORNÁ, Eva TOMÁŠKOVÁ, Eva VEČERKOVÁ, Josef ŠILHÁN, Jaromír KOŽIAK and Radek RUBAN. Obchodní právo. Obecná část. Soutěžní právo. (Business Law. General Part. Competition Law.). první. Praha: C. H. Beck Praha, 2014. 410 pp. Academia iuris. ISBN 978-80-7400-547-3. info
- POKORNÁ, Jarmila, Eva TOMÁŠKOVÁ, Alena KERLINOVÁ, Jan LASÁK, Milan PEKÁREK, Jaromír KOŽIAK, Alena POKORNÁ, Tomáš DVOŘÁK and Josef HOLEJŠOVSKÝ. Obchodní společnosti a družstva (Business Companies and Cooperatives). první. Praha: C. H. Beck Praha, 2014. 448 pp. Academia iuris. ISBN 978-80-7400-475-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Learning is made only in the form of lectures. There is provided the current legislation under Act No. 89/2012 Coll., Civil Code, and under Act No. 90/2012 Coll., on commercial corporations, and other actual legal regulations, is discussed, and also judgments and the concrete practice cases with it.
- Assessment methods
- The course is completed by an written exam. The exam has two parts (test and "open question"). Due to the the situation related to the SARS CoV-2 coronavirus epidemic, the test may be performed in whole or in part in a distance form (on-line). The examination is performed according to the legal regulation effective on the day of the examination, ie primarily according to Act No. 89/2012, The Civil Code (OZ), and Act No. 90/2012, The Commercial Corporations Act (ZOK).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/law/autumn2021/BVV12Zk