LF:BAPD0321p Nursing of newborns I - lect. - Course Information
BAPD0321p Nursing of newborns and infants I - lectureFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- MUDr. Milan Bajer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Hana Bučková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Milena Burianová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Lenka Dostalová Kopečná, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. MUDr. Hana Hrstková, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. MUDr. Dagmar Procházková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
MUDr. Dan Wechsler (lecturer)
Mgr. Blanka Trojanová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Radka Wilhelmová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Libuše Darmovzalová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Hana Hrstková, CSc.
Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno (paediatric medicine) - Faculty of Medicine
Supplier department: Institutions shared with the Faculty Hospital Brno (paediatric medicine) - Faculty of Medicine
- Fullfillign conditions for the 3rd. semsester.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Midwife (programme LF, B-PA)
- Course objectives
- Pediatric is interested in diagnostic,treatment and prevention in childhood.There are specific differences in childhood,different diagnostic tools and speciál care. After the participation in the course students will be able to recognize and evaluate the state of the newborn after the delivery and during the transitional period perfom the basic screenings, uderstand of the impact of congenital and inherited diseases on children and their families. The target of the lectures is the deep knowledge of the students of most frequent disorders, basic diagnosis and therapeutical procedures in pediatrics.
- Organization of neonatology and perinatology. Physiology of newborn and adaptation changes of organs related to birth. Observation of newborn, morphological and functional characteristics. .Newborn with low birth weight. Immature newborn. Hypotrophic and overmature newborn. Lesion during birth. Newborn nutrition. Newborn with serious congenital defects. Newborn with aspyxia. Newborn with bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Most frequent hereditary diseases. Screening at newborn. Age cathegories, growth and development the child. Disorder of respiratory tract, GIT, cardiovascular, liver, pankreas, ematologic disorder, neoo plastic disease, endrocrine disorder, iabetes, inborn errors of metabolism, allergic disorder, immunodeficiency, skin and infection in chidren.
- Resuscitace novorozence. Edited by Michal Prokop. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2003. 50. s. ISBN 8024705354. info
- HRODEK, Otto and Jan VAVŘINEC. Pediatrie. 1. vyd. Praha: Galén, 2002. xxxii, 767. ISBN 8072621785. info
- BOREK, Ivo. Vybrané kapitoly z neonatologie a ošetřovatelské péče. 2. dopl. vyd. Brno: IDVPZ, 2001. 327 s. ISBN 8070133384. info
- KOHOUTOVÁ, Eva. Kritické stavy u dětí a ošetřovatelská péče. Vydání první. Brno: IDVPZ, 1998. 302 stran. ISBN 8070132574. info
- ŠAŠINKA, Miroslav and Tibor ŠAGÁT. Pediatria. 1. vyd. Košice: SATUS, 1998. 620 s. ISBN 8096796305. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: celkem 10.