LF:VSBI0121c Biology I-pract. - Course Information
VSBI0121c Biology I - practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/3/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Marie Kopecká, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. David Šmajs, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Iva Slaninová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petra Pospíšilová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tomáš Bárta, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Dáša Bohačiaková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Michaela Bosáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Lívia Eiselleová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PharmDr. Zuzana Holubcová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Hříbková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vítězslav Kříž, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Monika Kubíčková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Iva Kubíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kamil Matulka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Paštěková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vladimír Rotrekl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Stanislav Stejskal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Pavel Šimara, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Tesařová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Markéta Unucková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Marie Zobaníková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Debora Ledahudcová (assistant)
Ing. Lucia Ráheľová (assistant)
Eva Skalová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Ing. Petr Dvořák, CSc.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- VSBI0121c/01: Thu 13:10–15:40 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/02: Thu 13:10–15:40 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/03: Tue 7:30–10:00 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/04: Tue 7:30–10:00 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/05: Mon 13:15–15:45 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/06: Mon 13:15–15:45 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/07: Tue 10:20–12:50 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/08: Tue 10:20–12:50 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/09: Wed 13:10–15:40 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/10: Wed 13:10–15:40 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/11: Wed 7:30–10:00 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/12: Wed 7:30–10:00 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/13: Wed 10:20–12:50 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/14: Wed 10:20–12:50 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/15: Mon 7:30–10:00 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/16: Mon 7:30–10:00 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/17: Mon 10:30–13:10 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/18: Mon 10:30–13:00 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/19: Tue 13:50–16:20 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/20: Tue 13:50–16:20 B07/205a
VSBI0121c/30: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSBI0121c/31: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSBI0121c/32: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSBI0121c/33: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSBI0121c/34: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSBI0121c/35: No timetable has been entered into IS.
VSBI0121c/36: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course provides an overview of the current knowledge of molecular biology and cell biology in the context of other theoretical branches of the Faculty of Medicine. Recent and modern concepts of molecular cell structures, functional organization of the cell and gene expression and regulation are presented to students. In addition, molecular mechanisms of cell division and cell cycle are discussed. The subject matter presented in this course will help to better understand other subjects including physiology, pathology and human and clinical genetics.
- 1st WEEK: Practicals: Introduction 2nd WEEK: Practicals: Biology of the viruses 3rd WEEK: Practicals: Microscopic and submicroscopic structure of the prokaryotic cell 4th WEEK: Practicals: Microscopic and submicroscopic structure of the eukaryotic cell, Cytochemistry 5th WEEK: Practicals: Tissue and cell culture 6th WEEK: Practicals: Biomembranes and osmosis in the cell 7th WEEK: Practicals: Cryobiology 8th WEEK: Practicals: Techniques for studying of cells at the submicroscopic level 9th WEEK: Practicals: DNA replication 10th WEEK: Practicals: Gene expression 11th WEEK: Practicals: Cell cycle analysis 12th WEEK: Practicals: Mitosis 13th WEEK: Practicals: Meiosis 14th WEEK: Practicals: Credits, Substitution practicals
- Aktuální protokoly ke cvičením jsou v elektronické podobě na stránkách informačního systému MU (ISu)
- Campbell, N., A., Reece, J., B. 2006 Biologie. Computer press (ISBN: 80-251-1178-4)
- Alberts, B., et al..: Základy buněčné biologie: úvod do molekulární biologie buňky. Espero Publishing, Ústí nad Labem 2005, 740, ISBN-10: 80-902906-2-0
- Lodish, H., Berk, A., Matsudaira, P., Kaiser,C.A., Krieger, M., Scott, M.P., Zipurski, L., Darnell, J.: Molecular Cell Biology 5th ed., 2004 (ISBN: 0-7167-4366-3)
- Pollard, Thomas D., Earnshaw, William C.: Cell Biology, 2nd ed., Saunders-Elsevier, Philadelphia, 2008
- Assessment methods
- Lessons are mandatory, individual protocols can be downloaded in IS, credit is given under these circumstances: all protocols were checked (also for absent lessons), 1 absence is allowed, for any additional absence(s) student is required to write a thesis in the length of 2 pages. 4 or more absences will be addressed individually and credit is given after the proof of the student's knowledge of topics of the whole term (credit test).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
- Teacher's information