LF:VSBI0121c Biology - Course Information
VSBI0121c BiologyFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/3/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. MUDr. Miroslav Gabriel, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Alena Holubářová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jitka Chumchalová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Marie Kopecká, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Jakub Neradil, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. MUDr. Iva Slaninová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Renata Veselská, Ph.D., M.Sc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Augustin Svoboda, CSc., dr. h.c.
Department of Biology - Theoretical Departments - Faculty of Medicine
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- 1st week
- Practicals: Viruses of Bacteria
- 2 nd w e e k
- Practicals: Microscopic and Submicroscopic Structure of the Prokaryotic Cell.
- 3 rd w e e k
- Seminar: Sciences and Research: People, Institutions, and Research Projects.
- Practicals: Microscopic Structure of the Eukaryotic Cell.
- 4 th w e e k
- Practicals: Cytochemistry.
- 5 th w e e k
- Seminar: Modern Techniques of Light Microscopy.
- Practicals: Methods of Study of Cells at the Submicroscopic Level.
- 6 th w e e k
- Practicals: The Effect of Deep Freezing on the Viability of Cells.
- 7 th w e e k
- Seminar: Strategies in Cell Cycle Research.
- Practicals: Test for Distinguishing between Living and Dead Cells in Culture.
- 8 th w e e k
- Practicals: Cell Fusion.
- 9 th w e e k
- Seminar:Methods of Molecular Biology.
- Practicals: Osmosis in Cells.
- 10 th w e e k
- Practicals:Tissue and Cell Cultures.
- 11 th w e e k
- Seminar: Techniques Used in Cytoskeleton Study.
- Practicals: The Use of Radioactive Isotopes in Cell Research.
- 12 th w e e k
- Practicals: The Cell-Division Cycle.
- 13 th w e e k
- Seminar:Molecular Dissection of Endocytosis and Exocytosis.
- Practical: Movement in Biological Systems.
- 14 th w e e k
- Practicals:Written Test [Cell Biology].
- 15 th w e e k
- Practicals:Lab Book Control. Credit.
- Language of instruction