LF:aZLIM051c Immunology in Dent. - pract. - Course Information
aZLIM051c Immunology in Dentistry- practiceFaculty of Medicine
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0.5/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. MUDr. Vojtěch Thon, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jiří Litzman, CSc. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Jindřich Lokaj, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Miroslava Bučková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. MUDr. Vojtěch Thon, Ph.D.
Department of Clinical Immunology and Allergology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
Contact Person: prof. MUDr. Vojtěch Thon, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Clinical Immunology and Allergology - Institutions shared with St. Anne's Faculty Hospital - Faculty of Medicine
- Mon 25. 9. to Fri 22. 12. Wed 16:30–19:10 N02011
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- aZLBC0221p Biochemistry I - lecture && aZLFY0422c Physiology II - practice && aZLFY0422s Physiology II - seminar && aZLLM0421c Med.Oral Microbiol.I-pract. && aZC041 Handling chemical substances
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course is focused to clinical and laboratory aspects of immunology in medicine. After finishing this course the student will understand the pathogenesis of immunopathological diseases and know the clinical manifestation and the treatment approaches to the most severe disturbances of the immune system particularly focused on the orofacial localization.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will:
- understand basic principles of development of immunopathological diseases and principles of their diagnostics;
- be acquainted with the most important immunopathological diseases of the orofacial region;
- be acquainted with the basics of laboratory immunological diagnostics;
- Serological reactions - overview;
- Cells of the immune system;
- CD nomenclature of leukocyte antigens;
- Phenotyping of lymphocytes. Flow cytometry;
- Primary and secondary immunodeficiency disorders;
- Autoimmunity and disease;
- Autoantibodies and their laboratory detection;
- Hypersensitivity reactions;
- Clinical allergology. Allergic skin and exposition tests;
- Immunopathological reactions in the oropharyngeal region;
- recommended literature
- ABBAS, Abul K., Andrew H. LICHTMAN and Shiv PILLAI. Basic immunology : functions and disorders of the immune system. Fifth edition. St. Louis: Elsevier, 2016. x, 335. ISBN 9780323390828. info
- Teaching methods
- The course is given in a form of seminars. To get the credit, presence in 90% of seminars with active participation in discussions is required. The knowledge is continuously checked by oral questions.
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.