FF:NI03_52 Art and Culture Flanders - Course Information
NI03_52 Art and Culture in FlandersFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 5/5/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Marta Kostelecká, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Sofie Rose-Anne W. Royeaerd, M.A. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Marta Kostelecká, Ph.D.
Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Marta Kostelecká, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of German, Scandinavian and Netherland Studies - Faculty of Arts
- This course is intended for advanced students (third year BA and MA).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 13 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This optional course consists of lectures by different guest teachers and is intended for Bachelor's students in the third year and Master's students. An introduction to Afrikaans literature in South Africa was given in the previous semester. In spring 2020 attention is paid to the (cultural) identity of Belgians / Flemings and Dutch, with an eye for the historical and current social context. In addition, the students are introduced to Flemish painting, cinematography and performing arts. Finally, the well-known Flemish author Stefan Hertmans and his novel War and Turpentine (2013) are introduced. Students do not only attend workshops and lectures, but also attend a film, theater performance and meeting with a writer.
- This course consists of four parts:
- (1) Afrikaans literature from South Africa (Yves T’Sjoen)
- (2) Identity in the multicultural society (guest lectures Marc le Clercq)
- (3) Flemish culture and history (workshops and lectures Tom De Moor + film + performance Louise Bergez)
- (4) Literature in Flanders (reading Stefan Hertmans)
- T'SJOEN, Yves. "Zoals een grens op de kaart". Nederlandse literatuur in vergelijkend perspectief. Gevalstudies. Gent, 2014. ISBN: 9789038222615.
- T'SJOEN, Yves. Aansporingen. Essays en reflecties. Leuven / Den Haag, 2010. ISBN: 9789033477751.
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and class discussion + cultural activities (film, theater performance and reading)
- Assessment methods
- Presence and active participation
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught only once.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/NI03_52