FF:PB11PA8 Practice - Course Information
PB11PA8 Practics in social workFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Kateřina Pevná (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Lojdová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Markéta Klusáčková (seminar tutor)
- prof. PhDr. Milan Pol, CSc.
Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Ivana Klusáková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Social Education and Counselling (programme FF, B-PD)
- Course objectives
- The field practice is aimed at specific features of social work, at treating demanding social situations relating to social positions of clients. The field practice is therefore directed to institutions of social work (social departments of community, town or regional administration, social care service, retirement homes, charity organizations, etc.) The aim of the course is to introduce characteristics, organization, concrete forms of provided services and employees work in those institutions. After completing the course, students will be able to identify some of the crucial dilemmas social workers face in their communication with clients and they will be able to apply basic methods of their overcoming.
- During the course, participants will first study support literature which will be later confronted with practical situation in a chosen institution. Based on this experience, students will elaborate an individual report and a group presentation for other participants of the course. A complex study support for the course is to be found in e-learning application Moodle.
- Teaching methods
- practices, reflection of practices
- Assessment methods
- Course Type: Block teaching, credit (awarded for an individual output of a field experience and for active participation on a group presentation). Course Evaluation: Fulfilling tasks according to the schedule, presentation of a seminar task
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: 15 hodin.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: Praxe 15 hodin.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Praxe se zapisuje souběžně nebo po absolvování kurzu PB21PA18 Sociální práce