PřF:Bi3080 Sensory Neurophys. - Course Information
Bi3080 Sensory NeurophysiologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Martin Vácha, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- doc. RNDr. Martin Vácha, Ph.D.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Martin Vácha, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 18. 2. to Fri 17. 5. Mon 14:00–15:50 A11/333
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi3030 Animal physiology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to: - discuss problematics of transmission and processing of information by nervous system. - understand fundamental membrane events and role of canals in transduction in particular senses including psychophysiology context of sensation and memory. - acquaint colleagues with a short relevant paper. - analyse scientific text, formulate and present key information. - present knowledge of comparative physiology in the context of key neurophysiological principles.
- Membrane physiology: - resting potential - action potential - ion channels - signal spreading and synapses Sensory physiology: - general principles - olfaction and gustation - mechanoreception and hearing - vision and other senses Psychophysiology: - processing of visual information - learning and memory - behavioral neurophysiology
- FAIN, Gordon L. Sensory transduction. 1st ed. Sunderland, Mass.: Sinauer Associates, 2003. xi, 340. ISBN 0878931716. info
- TROJAN, Stanislav. Lékařská fyziologie. Praha: Grada, 1994. 460 s. ISBN 8071690368. info
- SHEPHERD, Gordon M. Neurobiology. 3rd ed. New York: Oxford University Press, 1994. 760 s. ISBN 0195088433. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical study by means of lectures, seminar discussions and presentations, scientific papers provided by lecturer.
- Assessment methods
- Student is supposed to acquaint colleagues with a short relevant paper. Students prove their knowledge in dialogue with the teacher, classification depends on correctness and perfection of the answers. Well prepared paper analysis, active discussion on the paper and at least 50% knowledge of topics is mandatory.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Na předmět se vztahuje povinnost registrace, bez registrace může být znemožněn zápis předmětu!
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2019/Bi3080