PřF:C1460 Intro to Mathematics - Course Information
C1460 Introduction to MathematicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Tomáš Raček (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Radka Svobodová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc.
Supplier department: National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
- Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Thu 12:00–13:50 A11/132
- NOW ( C1480 Intro to Math - seminar )
It expected that the student will enter the course with the basic knowledge of mathematics at grammar school level.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should have notions in linear algebra, differential a integral calculus of functions of one and two variables and differential equations at the lowest possible level. The course is focused on obtaining basic orientation in the field. It is accompanied by practically oriented excersisses, so the student will be able to solve basic tasks in the field.
- 1) Algebra of matrices. 2) Systems of linear equations and their solution. 3) Elementary functions and their basic properties. 4) Limits, derivatives 5) Inverse functions. Exponential and logarithmic functions. 6) Higher order derivatives. 7) Integral calculus. Basic techniques of integration. 8) Functions of several variables. 9) Partial derivatives. 10) Maxima and minima of functions of several variables. 11) Integration of functions of several variables. 12) Differential equations. 13) Simple examples on first-order equations. Boundary condition.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- There is a written exam to complete the course. In some cases, where the results of the written exam are not clear enough, also oral examination may follow.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
General note: Kurz je povinný pro studijní obor Učitelství chemie pro střední školy pokud není druhým studovaným (aprobačním) oborem učitelství matematiky nebo fyziky. Je tedy např. povinný pro kombinaci Bi-Ch.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses