PřF:C1460 Intro to Mathematics - Course Information
C1460 Introduction to MathematicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zdeněk Kříž, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc.
Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc.
- Tue 13:00–13:50 02004
- NOW ( C1480 Intro to Math - seminar )
It expected that the student will enter the course with the basic knowledge of mathematics at gymnasium level.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Chemistry (programme PřF, M-SS)
- Course objectives
- The course is an overwiev of the very basic notions in linear algebra, differential a integral calculus of functions of one and two variables and differential equations at the lowest possible level. The course is focused on obtaining basic orientation in the field. It is accompanied by practically oriented excersisses, so the student will be able to solve basic tasks in the field.
- 1. Algebra of matrices. 2. Systems of linear equations and their solution. 3. Elementary functions and their basic properties. 4. Limits, derivatives 5. Inverse functions. Exponential and logarithmic functions. 6. Higher order derivatives. 7. Integral calculus. Basic techniques of integration. 8. Functions of several variables. 9. Partial derivatives. 10. Maxima and minima of functions of several variables. 11. Integration of functions of several variables. 12. Differential equations. 13. Simple examples on first-order equations. Boundary condition.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Zkouška je písemná. Ve sporných případech je písemná zkouška následována zkouškou ústní.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
General note: Kurz je povinný pro studijní obor Učitelství chemie pro střední školy pokud není druhým studovaným (aprobačním) oborem učitelství matematiky nebo fyziky. Je tedy např. povinný pro kombinaci Bi-Ch.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses