PřF:C5920 Good Laboratory Practice - Course Information
C5920 Good Laboratory PracticeFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Luděk Bláha, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Ivan Holoubek, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Jana Klánová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Pavel Kořínek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ivan Holoubek, CSc.
Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Wed 14:00–14:50 Kontaktujte učitele
- Introductory course on Analytical Chemistry or an equivalent
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Principles and goals of GLP are introduced, fundamental terms and standards are quoted. Organisation of laboratory and work conditions, laboratory accreditation and proficiency testing are discussed. Following part deals with equipment validation, validation of analytical system and those of analytical methods as well as with performance characteristics of analytical method and evaluation of results. In a closing part, fundamentals of good sampling practice inclusive of sampling techniques for homogeneous and nonhomogeneous objects, design and evaluation of sampling plan with emphasis on environmental sampling are given. Besides general topics and terms, the course is oriented to the field of analytical chemistry / environmental analytical chemistry.
- I. GLP principles and goals. Historical background, quality assurance and quality management. II. Key provisions. Organisation of laboratory, conditions. III. Laboratory accreditation. ČSN EN ISO/IEC 17025 Standard, terminology. IV. Proficiency testing. Methodics. V. Validation and testing. Validation of equipment, method, analytical system, and data. VI. Validation of analytical methods. VII. Estimation of performance characteristics. Documentation of an analytical method. VIII. Evaluation of results in respect to limit values. Control charts. IX. Principles of good sampling practice. Homogenous and heterogeneous objects, randomised and segregated objects. Sampling errors and sampling plan. X. Sampling techniques. Homogeneity test. Sampling of nonhomogenous objects. Assurance of sampling randomness. Systematic sampling of nonhomogenous materials. XI. Design and evaluation of a sampling plan. Evaluation of sampling precision and trueness. Documentation of sampling. XII. Environmental sampling.
- CROSBY, N. T. and F. E. PRICHARD. Quality in the Analytical Laboratory. Chichester: J. Wiley, 1995. Analytical Chemistry by Open Learning (Series). ISBN 0 471 95470 5. info
- MESTEK, O. and L. NONDEK. Zásady správného odběru vzorků pro analýzu životního prostředí (Principles of Good Sampling Practice in Environmental Analysis). Praha: Eurachem - ČR, 1995. Kvalimetrie, 4. ISBN 80-901868-0-7. info
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- přednášky, týdně, písemný test, kolokvium
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses