PřF:F4190 Introduction to the physics of - Course Information
F4190 Introduction to the physics of stellar systemsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 3/1/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Mikulášek, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. Mgr. Jiří Krtička, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Andrea Dobešová (seminar tutor)
- prof. RNDr. Jana Musilová, CSc.
Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Mikulášek, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Thu 10:00–12:50 F3,03015
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Graduation of the course F3800 "An introduction to stellar physics" in the autumn term
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- Main objectives are understaning of the physics of variable stars, stellar systems (binaries, clusters, and galaxies), interstellar matter, and evolution of Universe.
- Learning outcomes
- A student will be able after the ending of the course to comprehend the physics of variable stars, stellar systems and galaxies.
- Physics of binary stars. Evolution of clouse binary stars.
- Physics of variable stars. Types of variable stars, causes of their variability.
- Stellar clusters and associations. Globular and open clusters, 0 and T associations.
- Physics of interstellar matter.
- Stars in the Galaxy. Structure of the Galaxy, its dynamics, the origin and evolution.
- Stars and the Universe. The role of stars in the Universe. Structure and evolution of the Universe. The first and the last stars in the Universe.
- Teaching methods
- 3 hours classical lectures, exercises, consultations, oral exam
- Assessment methods
- Attendance of the excercises is mandatory. A written test is mandatory before the oral exam. Students will be graded according to the oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
General note: L.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2018/F4190