PřF:FA462 Diploma Thesis Seminar - Course Information
FA462 Diploma Thesis SeminarFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- prof. RNDr. Jana Musilová, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 18. 2. to Fri 17. 5. Wed 9:00–10:50 F1,01014
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Physics (programme PřF, B-FY)
- Course objectives
- The objective of the workshop is to give the student an opportunity to appear before his/her colleagues with a comprehensive explanation on his/her thesis and stand in the debate. Duties are to prepare the report with using a computer and data projector.
During the term, various laboratories are visited to meet with an interesting physical techniques and equipment used both in physical and non physical research.
By presenting the topic of their thesis, the main objective of the seminary is to teach the students to
- formulate the tasks of their current scientific work
- analyse the techniques needed for fulfilling these tasks
- demonstrate the approach taken to fulfill these tasks
- Learning outcomes
- The students will learn to prepare a presentation on the topic and results of their diploma thesis, to present it to their fellow students and teachers and to defend its conclusions in a follow-up debate.
- Reports about diploma thesis. Excursion on experimental laboratories. Contribution themes are the same as theses topics.
- Experimental technology:
- nuclear magnetic resonance, liquid and gas chromatography, experimental technology of biophysical laboratory, special spectroscopy, advanced optical laboratories.
- Literatura je totožná s uvedenou v diplomové práci.
- The literature is for each student same as in her/his diploma thesis.
- HALLIDAY, David, Robert RESNICK and Jearl WALKER. Fyzika : vysokoškolská učebnice obecné fyziky. Edited by Petr Dub, Translated by Jana Musilová - Jan Obdržálek. Vyd. 1. V Brně: Vysoké učení technické, 2000. xvi, 328. ISBN 8071962147. info
- Teaching methods
- Presentation by each student. Visits of scientific laboratories with introduction of expert in the field.
- Assessment methods
- Presentation by each student; discussion on each contribution.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2019/FA462